Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

tippman1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if there were a few sparks around Kerry or W.Cork with the echos on ME right now.

WEB_radar4_201608222045.png

Is it earlier than expected too?
    It's a depressing sight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just took this shot on the Kerry coast near Tralee 20 mins ago as it started to rain, the last of the sunlight just getting in under the cloud, lot of humidity in the air. Great day in Tralee getting up to a very pleasant 19.6C in good late summer sunshine ( you can feel the changing of the seasons ). Raining away atm.

cnik82Z.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Intense rain approaching the south West coast now

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Looks llike a strike in south kerry http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Fabulous day. Badly needed. What a lovely sunset this evening. That light red hue on the horizon. Looks like the week won't be too bad going by 9pm news forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

I've a feeling there could be a couple of wet roses after.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are now looking decent enough, no heatwave but temps could reach 24 or 25C on Thursday inland parts of the east. more like 20/21C on Wednesday and Friday.

Met eireanns short range forecast is such an utter waste of time
    Currently stuck on 2100 and even that didn't reflect it accurately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

As always in the past few weeks theyr saying west n nw escapes the rain ...i wouldnt bet on it. Satellite shows plenty heading up the West

At weekend there was 12mm of rain when they said it

This has to be one of the least accurate Summers of weather forecast on the TV

Sligo weather is as unpredictable as Klopps Liverpool

pauldry wrote: »
    As always in the past few weeks theyr saying west n nw escapes the rain ...i wouldnt bet on it. Satellite shows plenty heading up the West

At weekend there was 12mm of rain when they said it

This has to be one of the least accurate Summers of weather forecast on the TV

Sligo weather is as unpredictable as Klopps Liverpool
    Completely agree
    Already heavy rain in east Galway
    Rain that was forecast to miss us
    And then forecast to arrive around 3/4 am
    Depressed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Heavy steady rain here near Tralee, 9.4mm since around 21.00

Long trailing front to pass up over the country. Looking at the Accumulation Prediction models they would seem to underestimate the projected amount of rainfall IMO, could get big totals from this.

jvJqMCR.png?1

3XEBvZi.png?1

I could see a yellow warning going up on the next Met Eireann update.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Heavy steady rain here near Tralee, 9.4mm since around 21.00

Can hear the rain in Tralee from here!!!

Has this come in earlier than expected ?

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Can hear the rain in Tralee from here!!!

:)

10.6mm :eek:

EDit: 14.0mm Bucketing down

Edit at 00.27 17.2mm , no let up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Lashing in Galway did not expect this as ME said the West and North would remain dry, looking at the radar I would say it's not going as they predicted

Now the radar isn't updating
    Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Only starting to rain here now. Looking at the radar it seems to be about 50 to 80 miles more west than predicted. Concrete still dry but big drops hitting down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Lashing in Galway did not expect this as ME said the West and North would remain dry, looking at the radar I would say it's not going as they predicted

Theyv got the weather completely wrong the past few weeks.

Even people at work with no interest in weather are saying it

They seriously need to do a review in order to go back to how good they used to be

Its virtually wrong every day now

Is it the thunder or moisture everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Still 0mm of rainfall.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are now looking decent enough, no heatwave but temps could reach 24 or 25C on Thursday inland parts of the east. more like 20/21C on Wednesday and Friday.
    Got over 22c today, if the heaviest of the rain stèers clear of the Nore valley then temperatures will climb again owing to the still rather dry soils.

Looking at the Sat feed and the low to the SW of Iceland seems to be filling rapidly, the high to our east/southeast is winning the battle pushing/stalling the cold front over the mis-west. Quite a squeeze on it over the west but whatever it dumps will be over quickly. I'd think this will peter out to drizzle by sunrise.

Danno wrote: »
    Looking at the Sat feed and the low to the SW of Iceland seems to be filling rapidly, the high to our east/southeast is winning the battle pushing/stalling the cold front over the mis-west. Quite a squeeze on it over the west but whatever it dumps will be over quickly. I'd think this will peter out to drizzle by sunrise.

Was thinking it was moving through quicker than expected too
    Thankfully

Danno wrote: »

Ah come on, I want some downpours!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

V heavy burst of rain here in Kildare now

km79 wrote: »

:pac::pac:

19.2mm here near Tralee since rain started around 21.00.

Still raining but eased atm

The HIRLAM underestimated it for sure

19.2mm here near Tralee since rain started around 21.00.

Still raining but eased atm

Gimme, gimme, gimme :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Literally just bucketed down here. Rain rate of 88mm/hr.

Advertisement