Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Still yet to brighten up at Grange but I guess it's fair that I'm cloudy and the west is sunny :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

jArgHA wrote: »
    Absolutely roasting in Cork city today, I haven't felt this level of heat in at least 6 weeks. Can't post temperature reading but has a feel of 23-24 degrees.

The airport is reading 20c, but in a sheltered area in the city it could easily be hotter.

Weather station here in West Clare telling me 21.2c, and I'd believe it. Somewhat cloudy but hazy sunshine most of the time.

Last week hasn't been bad at all despite the forecasts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Got up to 21.3C a short time ago here near Tralee, 20.8C atm

Blue sky, some cloud, 3/8, and sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The tables have been turned a bit today with the East getting the cloud. Lovely to have a bit of sun. Went out for a run earlier. Bit warm for it but there might not be many days like it left in the year so happy to have the sun on the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Sunny and a burning sun at that for most of today here again in my part of the east anyway
    A lovely day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

dry and clear in Castlebar tonight in calm conditions , 12 degrees currently. lovely night out there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

18C already, unbroken sunshine, perfect day!

16.2c with a completely overcast sky. West Clare

After a largely overcast day yesterday here, now it's blue skies all over the place! :D

Some guy called ken ring on Midwest radio at the moment giving his winter predictions, such waffle

• Advertisement

Some guy called ken ring on Midwest radio at the moment giving his winter predictions, such waffle

Ahh the New Zealander!

Question, does he actually believe what he says?

Just a shame that so many people that listen to that station will believe him 100 percent

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

20C here now, should easily get to 21 or 22C later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭OldRio

Overcast morning here in Leitrim after a lovely day yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

22c and blue skies here in Kildare

He says that Ireland will not have a good summer like 2013 til 2018.

OldRio wrote: »
    Overcast morning here in Leitrim after a lovely day yesterday.

I think it's fair because we were cloudy yesterday.

overcast in Castlebar but dry, cloud base very low.

It's very surprising now that the last week has made August 2016 a sunnier than normal here.

A max of 22.4c today at Grange, another 20c+ day for this Summer and there have been a lot of them here!

• Advertisement

I notice all the posts about a sh*te summer have gone away.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I notice all the posts about a sh*te summer have gone away.

Yeah, just because good weather is happening right now. It's ridiculous how people like these on the forum base their opinions on present weather for the season as a whole instead of thinking of every day and if there have been equal wet and dull days with sunny and dry days, then it'd be very average. This Summer has been kind of different, dry and dull is more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just finished work
    Home to attack the lawn
    Rain

after looking at the met eireann forecast on RTE, seems there will be a bit of a split between the west coast and the eastern 2/3s of the country over the next 3 days, should stay dry in the eastern half of the country till Friday or even Saturday with sunny spells. Cooler everywhere from Wednesday. Next Saturday looks like a washout.

Gonzo wrote: »
    after looking at the met eireann forecast on RTE, seems there will be a bit of a split between the west coast and the eastern 2/3s of the country over the next 3 days, should stay dry in the eastern half of the country till Friday or even Saturday with sunny spells. Cooler everywhere from Wednesday. Next Saturday looks like a washout.

On the 5 day Irish forecast on Met Éireann's site, only showers in the north are appearing for Saturday :pac:.

wall of cloud on its way here, fully cloudy to my west, sun still shining but looks like it wont last for long. 22C here, 23C at Phoenix Park.

Beautiful here in Arklow,gin blue sky, but with a strong breeze
    No idea on temp as I'm out and about

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Drizzle rain in Galway

Currently 22.7c in Arklow
    High earlier of 23.2c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

now 22.2c and an autumnal feeling 11c this morning.
    This means that this morning's temperature was closer to 0c than to the current temperature, a sign the nights are getting longer.

Advertisement