Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I'd be surprised if that rain amounts to anything for the east coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Windy dark and cool evening here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭giveitholly

At the moment whats the weather looking like for the all-ireland hurling final on sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ah rain
    More rain
    Lovely

A warm start!

• Advertisement

The weekend looks horrendous especially Saturday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,661 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yesterday was a stunning day here and today looks like being another one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yesterday was a stunning day here and today looks like being another one.

different world here, cool, windy, dark, dismal, just started raining, autumn is here with a bang!

Gonzo wrote: »
    different world here, cool, windy, dark, dismal, just started raining, autumn is here with a bang!

Still Summer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Chilly and windy here in Dublin 7. It's been alternating between blue skies and rain clouds too.

• Advertisement

MJohnston wrote: »
    Chilly and windy here in Dublin 7. It's been alternating between blue skies and rain clouds too.

The sun is unusually strong here and it looks like getting much warmer than what the forecasts have predicted.

Sunday night into Monday morning is also looking very wet much like Saturday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cleared up now,back to mildish and sunny. 17C and good sunny spells - more sun than yesterday already.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Reached 19.8c here earlier (in Dublin 16), i.e. 20c, which would tally with today's (Boards.ie) forecast...*cough* :)

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Sunday night into Monday morning is also looking very wet much like Saturday.

Can't wait for winter now. It's been a really long Autumn from Late January until now

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cert2009

I live in clonee, i cycle to gym in blanch(ben dunne), There hasnr been a day without alot of wind, makes cycling so difficult, and its every day I go, its almost impossible to cycle. Plus my bike is 10 years old, and the gears are stuck on 2(goes from 1-3) and 5(1-6), with higher number being hardest to cycle

km79 wrote: »
    Can't wait for winter now. It's been a really long Autumn from Late January until now

So you don't think May was beautiful? And the conditions for the month weren't even as good here as they were in your area - so what are you on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

cert2009 wrote: »
    I live in clonee, i cycle to gym in blanch(ben dunne), There hasnr been a day without alot of wind, makes cycling so difficult, and its every day I go, its almost impossible to cycle. Plus my bike is 10 years old, and the gears are stuck on 2(goes from 1-3) and 5(1-6), with higher number being hardest to cycle

Yeah, it's been a breezy oul summer alright, although last summer felt like it was a lot worse

Yeah, it's been a breezy oul summer alright, although last summer felt like it was a lot worse

2015 was a lot windier.

Was a fantastic morning here until lunchtime when we had a very light shower. Has been mostly cloudy since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 cert2009

Last summer was terrible, rained mostly, and I remember highest temperature that summer was 23 degrees, and that was only one day. This summer has been one of the better ones in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭alentejo

When is it not forcast to rain this weekend

alentejo wrote: »
    When is it not forcast to rain this weekend

Saturday is looking wet.

Managed to get fairly burned, mainly from this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Last couple of hours of Summer 2016 and good riddance I say. Horrible, toxic trash throughout. Bring on some proper Autumnal weather hence-forth

tumblr_n2gds1ppB41s58j52o1_500.gif

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Last couple of hours of Summer 2016 and good riddance I say. Horrible, toxic trash throughout. Bring on some proper Autumnal weather hence-forth

tumblr_n2gds1ppB41s58j52o1_500.gif
    Didn't you hear ? It was a lovely summer
    Here in Ireland . The whole of the island
    :D

km79 wrote: »
    Didn't you hear ? It was a lovely summer
    Here in Ireland . The whole of the island
    :D

I never said it was a lovely Summer in the whole of Ireland, I said it was an average Summer in your parts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

it was a sh!t summer, good riddance

happy enough with this summer. We've certainly had some better summers but we've had many which were far worse.

At my location the main theme for this summer was 20C days and an overall lack of rain but on the few days that it did rain, it was driving rain.

26C was the maximum temp here.
    mid May - first 10 days of June - warm and sunny
    Plenty of warm muggy nights.
    some warm sunny days scattered throughout July.
    Daytime temps rarely went less than 18C
    First week of July was cool and spells of rain/showers - 18th-22nd August was also coolish and extremely wet.
    Final week of August warm and sunny with the exception of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭OldRio

Poor summer in this part of the country.

Mild and wet.

As someone who works outside no doubt I'm incorrect because 'data' says other. :D

Advertisement