Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Weather 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

very warm and sunny in north meath, time to hit the beach

Looking at the satellite, not much sun left to enjoy there for now :p:p

Xenji wrote: »
    22.3C in Castlebar, blue skies starting to poke their head out through the clouds, humidity is only 55% which is quite low for the day thats in it.

Do you know what the humidity was in Castlebar last night, All the windows were open and it was impossible to sleep. It felt like the warmest night of the year so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It is very muggy and humid here at Grange with overcast skies, not a peak of sunshine to be seen anywhere. Now it's started pouring.

Though not temperature wise, this period of dry weather is very similar to 2009 because that dry spell ended on June 6th for my station and now this dry spell has ended on June 6th also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Do you know what the humidity was in Castlebar last night, All the windows were open and it was impossible to sleep. It felt like the warmest night of the year so far.

It got up to 96%, I had all the windows open as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ryan Mac Sweeney

Lovely day in Cork dull and hazy sunshine but still warm

The colours on the Met Éireann rainfall radar are unbelievable!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The becalmed Dublin 7 is unpleasantly sauna-like right now. I thought the thunder might clear the humidity out a bit, but it's worse if anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

MJohnston wrote: »
    The becalmed Dublin 7 is unpleasantly sauna-like right now. I thought the thunder might clear the humidity out a bit, but it's worse if anything

It does introduce fresher air if the thunderstorms are produced by a cold front undercutting hot, moist air, but we're in a southerly airflow which is never a source of cold air.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Just lashing all of a sudden in Ennis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

John.Icy wrote: »
    Looking at the satellite, not much sun left to enjoy there for now :p:p

Missed the showers, sun still shining although it is a bit hazy, fierce warm still

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

What do people find is the most accurate website?

I use yr.no and find it a bit inaccurate lately.

Hasn't rained in my part of Galway all day, has been threatening to a few times but not yet. Fairly dark skies now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got no sleep last night, one of the stickyiest nights since summer 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

just about holding dry in East galway
    magnificent run of weather
    yes the plants are thirsty but this human is quite happy them nightly as a trade off !

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

km79 wrote: »
    just about holding dry in East galway
    magnificent run of weather
    yes the plants are thirsty but this human is quite happy them nightly as a trade off !

It's trying so god damn hard to rain in North East Galway but only a few drops have come so far. Just wish it would let loose and get it over and done with now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

511 wrote: »
    It does introduce fresher air if the thunderstorms are produced by a cold front undercutting hot, moist air, but we're in a southerly airflow which is never a source of cold air.

It wasn't the temperature I thought it'd change, but the humidity levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

MJohnston wrote: »
    It wasn't the temperature I thought it'd change, but the humidity levels.

The air is being pumped up from the sub-tropical mid-Atlantic by a low pressure system. It's a source that will keep getting hotter and wetter as the summer progresses:

2-1465171200-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So we're looking at a very warm and humid summer?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    So where looking at a very warm and humid summer?

As predicted... (see first post of this thread)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Moo Moo Land

sryanbruen wrote: »
    As predicted... (see first post of this thread)

I just read your prediction. So far so good. I hope you are right. I have been swimming every day for over a week and I am loving it.

• Advertisement

I just read your prediction. So far so good. I hope you are right. I have been swimming every day for over a week and I am loving it.

Just letting you know that I made these predictions back in December plus I posted them here on this thread on 12 May (19 days before). Thanks, so do I! I told everybody these predictions.

Just over 20C still in Castlebar and the humidity is shooting up, nearly 20% in the last hour and a half, we missed out on any bad weather today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ive taken a break from Meath for 2 days and staying in Galway City in a hotel and what im feeling now is nothing short of torture, nice hotel but it's close to 20c outside and there is NO air conditioning in the rooms and the windows are not openable..... its over 30c in this room, another night of no sleep......

Gonzo wrote: »
    ive taken a break from Meath for 2 days and staying in Galway City in a hotel and what im feeling now is nothing short of torture, nice hotel but it's close to 20c outside and there is NO air conditioning in the rooms and the windows are not openable..... its over 30c in this room, another night of no sleep......

where is that ?
    have they fans even at reception ?
    that's one thing I've noted staying in hotels in Ireland and uk
    even the best of hotels here may not have air con
    I stay in budget hotels regularly in Manchester. All have air conditioning and I would not stay in one that didn't!

km79 wrote: »
    where is that ?
    have they fans even at reception ?
    that's one thing I've noted staying in hotels in Ireland and uk
    even the best of hotels here may not have air con
    I stay in budget hotels regularly in Manchester. All have air conditioning and I would not stay in one that didn't!

not gonna give the name of the hotel for obvious reasons but no fans. its amazing the amount of places that don't have air conditioning. Public transport is ahead of the curve with air conditoning in Ireland but I think all hotels should have it by law, granted there are not many days per year its needed, but once it's needed, not having it is torture.

The difference in temperature between Galway and where I live in Meath at night is huge, at least in this current warm spell. I love warm and even hot weather by day, but warm nights with no air conditioning or openable windows is just not fun in any way.

Gonzo wrote: »
    not gonna give the name of the hotel for obvious reasons but no fans. its amazing the amount of places that don't have air conditioning. Public transport is ahead of the curve with air conditoning in Ireland but I think all hotels should have it by law, granted there are not many days per year its needed, but once it's needed, not having it is torture.

The difference in temperature between Galway and where I live in Meath at night is huge, at least in this current warm spell. I love warm and even hot weather by day, but warm nights with no air conditioning or openable windows is just not fun in any way.
    I stayed in a family room in a Mayo hotel in march
    a nice hotel
    it was not that warm but no air con and it was only just bearable
    anyway we digress :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hardly a wink of sleep with the humidity last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

A fine clear morning in Limerick city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Overcast, misty/drizzly and warm in Nth. Sligo.

• Advertisement

98% humidity for most of last night in Castlebar and it is still in the 90's, but we finally got a sprinkling of rain during the night, the first in about 2 weeks.

Advertisement