Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Deposit

Options
  • 12-05-2016 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Moved into a new house and recently received a letter about setting up payment methods etc. 

From my reading of it sounds as though If you sign up via direct debit the €300 deposit isn't necessary but it was taken from my account.

Is this refunded after 14 months like the cash deposit is?  The letter really should Make this clear tbh. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi chordtype,

Thanks for your message.

If you register as a direct debit customer with Electric Ireland the €300 security deposit is not necessary.

Was this amount debited from your bank account after you registered as a direct debit customer? If so, could you please send us a private message with the following details?
    • Your full name
    • Your Electric Ireland account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this matter further for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Thanks Brige,

PM sent (hopefully, it's not appearing in my sent box though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again chordtype,

Thanks for your message.

We have checked and can confirm that your private message is in the private messages queue - you will be assisted ASAP.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement