Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Pubs for Visitor

Options
  • 12-05-2016 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I've friends form Dublin visiting this weekend and want to show them the smaller, older quicker bars of Cork. Here's the one's I have so far, any other suggestions?

Tom Barry's
    Bradley's
    Ma Dullea's
    Callanans
    The Castle
    Hi -B
    Dennehey's
    The Oval
    The Mutton Lane

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

sozbox wrote: »
    I've friends form Dublin visiting this weekend and want to show them the smaller, older quicker bars of Cork. Here's the one's I have so far, any other suggestions?

Tom Barry's
    Bradley's
    Ma Dullea's
    Callanans
    The Castle
    Hi -B
    Dennehey's
    The Oval
    The Mutton Lane

Long Valley, Spailpin Fanach

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭shafty100

theres a small bar on shandon street called the homer , its an old style pub with no frills but full of some great charcacters with plenty of craic and a cheap pint , well worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Dan Lowrey's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Are you planning on doing a crawl around those or just going to a couple of them?

I'd cut that list down to The Castle, The Oval, Dan Lowreys and Mutton Lane (though there's a few on the list I'm not familiar with). If the weather is fine, the beer garden out the back of Tom Barrys would be great too.... could start there, then head to The Oval, then The Castle and up to Dan Lowreys.

Sin E is another good pub if you're up by Dan Lowreys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Won't survive a visit to them all I'd say, we're old! But looking to visit 3, maybe 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Counihans and the Welcome Inn are two more in town that would be fairly close together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Idle hour maybe, but that's over on the side of the river by the sextant and goldbergs, which would be in the trendy set, rather than old and quirky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

city arms
    the maple leaf
    coughlans
    the southern star

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

The Chateau on Pana. Great place to sit outside in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

roundymac wrote: »
    The Chateau on Pana. Great place to sit outside in this weather.

especially today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

the roundy is another nice place to sit out, and watch the world go by...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

Idle hour, welcome Inn, counihans, cantys.good pub crawl there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Fionnbarra's on douglas street is a great pub they do very nice food too i'd recommend the pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Fionnbarra's on douglas street is a great pub they do very nice food too i'd recommend the pizza!

I "thanked" this despite your username :p

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Definitely keep Callanans on the list anyway. That place is great. I always enjoy it in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

Franciscan well. Microbrewery on site and they do great woodfired pizzas out the back

Advertisement