Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike engine

Options
  • 12-05-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hi all I'm 15 years old and thinking of buying an 80cc bike engine that I saw on eBay apparently it goes 40mph but I don't know if these figures are true I am wondering what is the law to bring it on a quite back road as I would mainly use it round the house or down to the local shop thanks all for any help or suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Very simple. If you're too young to be a qualified driver you stay off all roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Are you just buying the engine or is there a bike to go with it. If its the former, what do you intend to mount the engine on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Would imagine 80cc = mechanically propelled vehicle in public place = tax and insurance......and it's not something you'll get insurance on.

Advertisement