Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal training plan?

• 12-05-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Several months ago I got a personal trainer to do up a training plan for me. Recently I found the same plan available for free online. I had paid around €50 for it, is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's probably very common tbh. There are lots of good workouts availible online. And the better one have a lot in common with each other. It makes sense for PT to have a couple generic workouts, for use in generic situations

The fact it's availible online doesn't make That particular routine less effective for you. Had it been individualised with some unusual exercise swaps it wouldn't be any more effective. Sure it may be availible for free, but the chances that you choose that specific workout or one like it out if the 1000's online, is quite small. You are paying as much for the point in the right direction than anything less.

"Give me a program" is probably the least useful service a PT offers. There's very little scope for improvement over other options without more info (outside of injury/sports specific situations) and they have no control or input on your actual gym sessions. Some of the more established trainers here, like Hanley, COH, Transform, etc. Frequently post programs or info like that for free. It's simply not the valuable part of the service they offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How did you get on with the programme?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

Actually got injured soon after I got the plan so only just after starting it, will update ye all on my progress with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Maybe you could start a log on the 'fitness logs' section, good way to keep motivated

Advertisement