Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Irish Stream

• 13-05-2016 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Well just thought id start a thread separately for those who have qualified through the Irish Stream of things..?

Has anyone heard anything back yet... I was up in Chapter House about 2 or 3 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything however.

Also does anyone know, roughly, how much of the Irish Stream will make it to Templemore..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Memo_54

I was also in Chapter House 2 weeks ago but I have heard nothing either. With regards to the Irish stream intake I have no idea how many will be recruited.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 craichoor

Tdireddi wrote: »
    Well just thought id start a thread separately for those who have qualified through the Irish Stream of things..?

Has anyone heard anything back yet... I was up in Chapter House about 2 or 3 weeks ago, still haven't heard anything however.

Also does anyone know, roughly, how much of the Irish Stream will make it to Templemore..?

What do you mean you were in Chapter House 2 or 3 weeks ago? What Stage?

During the Stage 2 talk by the Gardaí and PAS for the Q and A I asked what the story was with the Irish Language Stream?

The Garda Sergeant pointed out that you get a 7.5% allowance on your basic when serving in a Gaeltacht area.

The woman from PAS pointed out that the Irish Stream interviews will held towards the end of the recruitment campaign and that you have to qualify in all parts of the recruitment campaign in English before you do the Irish interview. She also stated that the Irish interview will increase the likelihood of being posting to a Gaeltacht station. There are no extra classes for those who come in through Irish Stream.

If it's anything like other PAS campaigns with an Irish Stream, I am a Clerical Officer and I was in a job for 4 months before I got to do the Irish Stream Exam and Interview.

So there is a chance that you could be in Templemore before your Irish Stream Interview comes us. The woman from PAS asked me to send an email to PAS asking for clarification about the Irish Stream, I never got around to doing it but will now, and I will update this thread when I get more info.

Go n-éirí an t-ádh libh

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fear ban

Ar chuala tú tada ó shin?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tdireddi

Fear ban wrote: »
    Ar chuala tú tada ó shin?

Tà agallamh faighte agam ar an dara là go mí lúil..? Thú fhèin..?

Tà agallamh faighte agam ar an dara là go mí lúil..? Thú fhèin..?

Agallamh agam, ag fanacht le dáta. Cén ordu a bhí tù? Order of Merit?

• Advertisement

Agallamh agam, ag fanacht le dáta. Cén ordu a bhí tù? Order of Merit?

Tháining mé sa 13ú áit cheapainn, fuair mé dáta an agallamh an lá ceanna is go bhfuair mé an ríomhpoist ag insint dom go déirigh liom i stáid a dó.

Cén áit a bhfuil tú fhéin ann..? Connemara aba nó sna gaeltachtaí eile as thú..?

craichoor wrote: »
    What do you mean you were in Chapter House 2 or 3 weeks ago? What Stage?

During the Stage 2 talk by the Gardaí and PAS for the Q and A I asked what the story was with the Irish Language Stream?

The Garda Sergeant pointed out that you get a 7.5% allowance on your basic when serving in a Gaeltacht area.

The woman from PAS pointed out that the Irish Stream interviews will held towards the end of the recruitment campaign and that you have to qualify in all parts of the recruitment campaign in English before you do the Irish interview. She also stated that the Irish interview will increase the likelihood of being posting to a Gaeltacht station. There are no extra classes for those who come in through Irish Stream.

If it's anything like other PAS campaigns with an Irish Stream, I am a Clerical Officer and I was in a job for 4 months before I got to do the Irish Stream Exam and Interview.

So there is a chance that you could be in Templemore before your Irish Stream Interview comes us. The woman from PAS asked me to send an email to PAS asking for clarification about the Irish Stream, I never got around to doing it but will now, and I will update this thread when I get more info.

Go n-éirí an t-ádh libh

I have my Irish Steam interview on Thursday...? Any tips..?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 craichoor

I have my Irish Steam interview on Thursday...? Any tips..?

I have mine on Tuesday. Also, there is an exam afterwards, you have to write a short essay and do a translation exercise.

I'll post on Tuesday night about how it went and what they asked.

I was hoping to get the Irish Interview after my English interview but it didn't happened.

Tips.

Prepare at least one example from each job (and possibly extra curricular stuff) for each of the core competencies.

Scileanna Cumarsáide
    Teacht Aniar
    Cúiseanna le bheith i do Gharda
    Cinntí a Dhéanamh / Breithiúnas a Thabhairt
    Torthaí a Sholáthar

That's what I'll be doing. But to be honest, I'm ****ting it, I'm a stuttering pr1ck in English interviews and it's a lot worse when I'm working in my second language.

craichoor wrote: »
    I have mine on Tuesday. Also, there is an exam afterwards, you have to write a short essay and do a translation exercise.

I'll post on Tuesday night about how it went and what they asked.

I was hoping to get the Irish Interview after my English interview but it didn't happened.

Tips.

Prepare at least one example from each job (and possibly extra curricular stuff) for each of the core competencies.

Scileanna Cumarsáide
    Teacht Aniar
    Cúiseanna le bheith i do Gharda
    Cinntí a Dhéanamh / Breithiúnas a Thabhairt
    Torthaí a Sholáthar

That's what I'll be doing. But to be honest, I'm ****ting it, I'm a stuttering pr1ck in English interviews and it's a lot worse when I'm working in my second language.

I'm fluent in Irish myself, it's my first language tbh..? Have you contacted a Garda before your interview regarding tips ect..? I'm sending you a private message..let me know if you get it. Thanks and best of luck !

Things are rather quiet on the Irish Stream here, many have interviews this week..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭LandT

Got about 9 days notice for my interview date and it fell the exact day I was having surgery. I got it differed but God knows when it will be now :-(

LandT wrote: »
    Got about 9 days notice for my interview date and it fell the exact day I was having surgery. I got it differed but God knows when it will be now :-(

Roughly what was your oom?d

Roughly what was your oom?d

I was 46 :-(

Does anyone who did there interview recently know roughly when we should be expecting worde regarding advancement to the next round..? Did my Interview on the 2nd of this month, through the Irish stream...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

Does anyone who did there interview recently know roughly when we should be expecting worde regarding advancement to the next round..? Did my Interview on the 2nd of this month, through the Irish stream...

I was in late 40's, submitted my interview form but havent heard back from them since,that was over a month ago, beginning to think someone has made a mistake at PAS, has everyone in irish stream completed interviews? Got word today to submit my form in english stream.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator note:

Hi folks.

If you're going to post in Irish, can you also please provide a full English translation, as per site rules?

Thanks,

-Shield.

I was number 46, got called for interview for last Thursday but had to differ it and was told I'd be called with the next batch. When I asked when they said it would be the end of this month or the coming months

Did my interview four weeks or so ago and all subject to vetting ect.. I'm onto the medical + physical.

Did anyone else who did the interview receive word back yet..?

To anyone else preparing for interview go nèirí libh agus má tá aon cheisteanna agaibh táim breá sásta iad a fhreagairt!

so you were told you passed yeah?

so you were told you passed yeah?

Yes, I have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 jayreddin

So my OOM was 65, should I have heard anything by now does anyone know?

Nah I was 46 and got called in the first batch but had to differ it due to surgery and they said the next batch of Irish interviews will be July/August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

nah I was 46 and got called in the first batch but had to differ it due to surgery and they said the next batch of Irish interviews will be July/August
    Jaysis yr an aul fella

my order of merit is 46 I meant haha

Got my interview date. Really nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Doyle06

Have my interview next tues, did my english one 2 weeks ago still waitin on results, was told to do both and if successful in both the choice would be mine, what stream i wanted to stay in,

Got my results I passed 😊😊😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jayreddin

Got my results I passed 😊😊😊😊

Fair plé, congrats. Unfortunately I didn't get through the interview. Any ideas what happens now? Do we re apply as the general stream or what?

awh sorry to hear that it was really tough wasn't it! I think you need to wait until they are recruiting again which will probably be January again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Can you do interview in both Irish and general streams and then choose? Got called for both but have been advised that if I go ahead with Irish i will be cancelled from general stream.

Advertisement