Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 13), May 13-14

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Sure why would we be sectarian in Cork? We shot the greatest rebel this country ever had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Careful.

Shields may have been the subject of sectarian abuse.

This thread is degenerating to (alleged) victim blaming.

in fairness there is also innocent until proven guilty on Cork's part. Given his self-confessed ability to make 'emotional' statements and history for false accusations it is relevant to the discussion.
    No one has said it shouldn't be investigated, it should be easily (dis)proven if there was a group within earshot. At this stage, someone should be in trouble regardless if something was said at the time or not, its slander or sectarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

overshoot wrote: »
    in fairness there is also innocent until proven guilty on Cork's part.

That is a given.

No one has appeared on this thread casting aspersions on Cork City.

Shields, on the other hand, is being vilified for making claims of sectarianism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think dragging up the past to basically call Shiels a lunatic and story teller is a bit OTT.

If someone did make a sectarian comment towards him then I am sure there were other witnesses. There is a comment on this RTE link that is worrying, one guy says its known who the person is and what he said.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0514/788417-kenny-shiels-john-caulfield-cork-derry/

If no comment no made, and he is making it all up, then I would agree that he should be punished too.

I hope its all investigated soon though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Limerick to score only the four against Athlone this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Have they just stopped trying with Soccer Republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Looks like it. No new features this season.

Last year they attempted some "expert" analysis by Tony McDonnell. This season, it is just the same predictable comments by the usual suspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I love how Sheils maintains he was the picture of calm in his discussions with the ref after the game. If he is referring on the pitch, he was a screaming lunatic at anyone who came near him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It really is a terrible show to watch. From the presenter (Collins) to the guests (Byrne and Croly for instance)

What does my head in as well is that they describe action before it happens instead of commentating on it. By Monday I completely forget most of the matches except for the Bohs one, and if it's a heavy loss I usually try forget that too :rolleyes:

So let's say immediately there's a goal at one end then, before the passage of play even starts, they'd say something like "But the lead didn't last long" and then we'd see a sequence of play that leads to a goal.

Hasn't a patch on MNS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

It was especially bad last night, very little highlights shown, really rushed analysis, interview with Mick McCarthy which didnt add anything and Heary and Barry are a terrible combination. That song for Ireland stuff is embarassing for everyone and should never have been let near the programme. The Eurovision feature is ok but it isnt as a good as the Raiders of The Lost Archive segment that MNS had.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

kksaints wrote: »
    It was especially bad last night, very little highlights shown, really rushed analysis, interview with Mick McCarthy which didnt add anything and Heary and Barry are a terrible combination. That song for Ireland stuff is embarassing for everyone and should never have been let near the programme. The Eurovision feature is ok but it isnt as a good as the Raiders of The Lost Archive segment that MNS had.

There was one song on and Collins asked Croly what he thought, Croly said nothing but the look of disgust on his face said more than any words could do justice.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

There was one song on and Collins asked Croly what he thought, Croly said nothing but the look of disgust on his face said more than any words could do justice.

Actually can remember that one. Stewie Byrne was the other person there and he looked very angry. A nice bit of unintended comedy.

But it really is an awful segment, probably the worst thats been on MNS or Soccer Republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Cfy3xXlVAAA5ykM.jpg

Good 4-0 win for us tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

Cfy3xXlVAAA5ykM.jpg

65cd72eaded2234acb5d74975a8f2bf9c0fe80996b3f2d7eb3cf9c95fe1393c1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Youths won 3-2 against Collinstown in one of the maddest matches I ever saw. 2 reds and Danny Ledwith saved a penalty. Collinstown were very impressive. About thirty fans down, completely hammered :o

What's the story with the other semi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

They were well insulated from the cold alright. One lad beside me kept going on 'Yiz can't beat a bleedin' amateur side'. The irony was lost on him when I explained it. 'Ah but yiz is a fuuukin' Eircom League team'

As for the game, Collinstown could have won it handy if they stuck to the game plan they set out with. They lost their discipline and resorted to time wasting. They may have done their homework on Wexford Youths, but they overlooked Mr Sean Grant as 4th official. He ate them for breakfast, which added to their ranting & raving tongue.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

kksaints wrote: »
    Good 4-0 win for us tonight.

Didn't get to see it. Still think not up to scratch in midfield. FHarps must have been really poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Didn't get to see it. Still think not up to scratch in midfield. FHarps must have been really poor

Some really good performances from the likes of Rory Feely at centre back, Michael Barker at left back and Sam Verdon in Midfield. I was very impressed by them.

Finn Harps weren't up to much. According to a lot of Harps fans, the players are very tired after a lot of games in the past fortnight in which Horgan hasn't changed the team. I don't know how different the line-up was compared to their Dundalk match, but i'd imagine he did make some changes last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

monkey9 wrote: »

Some really good performances from the likes of Rory Feely at centre back, Michael Barker at left back and Sam Verdon in Midfield. I was very impressed by them.

Finn Harps weren't up to much. According to a lot of Harps fans, the players are very tired after a lot of games in the past fortnight in which Horgan hasn't changed the team. I don't know how different the line-up was compared to their Dundalk match, but i'd imagine he did make some changes last night.

A player I wish bray never let go.

Season isn't getting going at all, need to get wins v Wexford and Longford before/after the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Have never seen Feely before. Conor Kenna or Kenny B like?
    Wasn't sure what to make of Vernon the last time I saw him. I suppose he is still young yet.
    Another quality left back. Nice 1

Mushy wrote: »
    A player I wish bray never let go.

Season isn't getting going at all, need to get wins v Wexford and Longford before/after the break.

I never heard of him until we signed him, he hasn't appeared much for us apart from injuries, but when he does, he fits in like he's been there all year.

Have never seen Feely before. Conor Kenna or Kenny B like?
    Wasn't sure what to make of Vernon the last time I saw him. I suppose he is still young yet.
    Another quality left back. Nice 1

Feely would be Kenna like. I've never been a fan of Verdon. but the last few games he's been playing some super stuff and i'm starting to see what Bucko sees in him.

2 changes from Dundalk; Boyle for Cowan (who had been playing with knocks) and McNamee came back in after tweaking his hamstring in the Derry game, he was the only change Derry to Dundalk. Not sure if there was any changes Bohs to Derry.
    We have injuries and a thin squad but still capable of more rotation than that, especially given the lads would have been working inbetween matches unlike their full time opposition. 4 games in 11 days and took the ultimate hit.
    Pats were one of the poorest teams iv seen this year, just clinical with counter attacking in Finn Park. We would have been better putting the u19s out against Dundalk and giving ye a proper rattle.

2 changes from Dundalk; Boyle for Cowan (who had been playing with knocks) and McNamee came back in after tweaking his hamstring in the Derry game, he was the only change Derry to Dundalk. Not sure if there was any changes Bohs to Derry.
    We have injuries and a thin squad but still capable of more rotation than that, especially given the lads would have been working inbetween matches unlike their full time opposition. 4 games in 11 days and took the ultimate hit.
    Pats were one of the poorest teams iv seen this year, just clinical with counter attacking in Finn Park. We would have been better putting the u19s out against Dundalk and giving ye a proper rattle.

Ah leave it out. :( Yeah, we are average. In a twelve team league, i can literally see us finishing sixth.

Are you sure Boyle started? I don't know who he is, but i don't recall that name at all from Tuesday?

Ah leave it out. :( Yeah, we are average. In a twelve team league, i can literally see us finishing sixth.

Are you sure Boyle started? I don't know who he is, but i don't recall that name at all from Tuesday?
    in fairness until Dundalk everyone looked poor in Finn Park :v but ye were the only team so clinical against us. A side no one below you has. Bray controlled the game more against us but offered nothing in the final third-basically role reversal of your game. Sligo could give you a run if they show some consistency.

He did according to extratime - didnt make it up, signed from waterford in the close season. Also travels up from there! hes 18/19 but a big lad and good potential.

in fairness until Dundalk everyone looked poor in Finn Park :v but ye were the only team so clinical against us. A side no one below you has. Bray controlled the game more against us but offered nothing in the final third-basically role reversal of your game. Sligo could give you a run if they show some consistency.

He did according to extratime - didnt make it up, signed from waterford in the close season. Also travels up from there! hes 18/19 but a big lad and good potential.

Where does he play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

He was at right back, number 22, tanned lad. I think he's living in Letterkenny with Rafter, not travelling up as originally planned.

He was at right back, number 22, tanned lad. I think he's living in Letterkenny with Rafter, not travelling up as originally planned.

Ah yeah, i do remember him. My bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Plenty of snackboxes so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I cannot confirm that I seen snapchats of them in a famous Donegal chain of take aways :D

Advertisement