Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bad Man Tipster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Equalised as expected at 46" (Gameiro).

Would like to see it finish up 3-1 or 2-1 within the next 40mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

(Pending boom):
    Since the 'badmantipster' has gone awol, here's a possible suitable alternative:
    Liverpool to lift the cup (including via penalties),
    live now, since 7:45pm: @1.61

See how easy it is ?? :D

It started well for LP, got it the wrong way round 3-1 vs 1-3.
    Next to score would have been more favorable.

We haven't heard from the verybadmantipster or his 'booms' for a couple of days,
    he musta went on holiers with this months '365 affiliates cheque.

He'll have to post today on his https://twitter.com/TheBadManTips
    else his 43.7k followers may grow impatient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

How does the affiliate thing work? Surely if he puts up a bet of 1000/1 and say 200 people follow it and win. Bet 365 aren't going to give him any money? So how is he rewarded for being a good tipster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Raoul wrote: »
    How does the affiliate thing work? Surely if he puts up a bet of 1000/1 and say 200 people follow it and win. Bet 365 aren't going to give him any money? So how is he rewarded for being a good tipster?

He isn't rewarded for success - failure pays the bills. The whole affiliate scheme works on the fact that punters in the long run lose more than they win. But you have to lure them in with the odd successful bet (clearly if you back your own tips then that's handy too if they win!)

• Advertisement

I would have thought that he would only get paid on customer 'deposits', whether they win or lose, it is no loss to him, but obviously if they lose they may deposit some more and then he gets paid on that deposit too.

30% for the lifetime of the account I think is the figure quoted.

Most sensible people will realise he's a Bet365 sales rep/agent of sorts,
    still with 7k likes and 6k comments on his facepaper just within the last 4hrs
    - you have to give him some credit for digital marketing hype,
    even with the rubbish static images (playing drumkit and 4 smiling mugs in a banner image).

A great example of his hyperbole is the below quote, this after winning at a lowly @1.3:

heisshaking.png

nb. he also listed his occupation as 'Comedian' on facepaper.

Most sensible people will realise he's a Bet365 sales rep/agent of sorts,

I don't think that matters to a lot of them, if you follow his tips and get up around a couple of hundred and then quit (or keep going), it doesn't matter what else he does.

I don't have the patience to follow him and try and keep track of when he advises the bets, he seems to do some on Twitter, some of Facebook and some more on Instagram, maybe if he opened a 'Talk to' forum on boards.ie I might manage it.

Think he is actually releasing an app now as well!!!

It started well for LP, got it the wrong way round 3-1 vs 1-3.
    Next to score would have been more favorable.

We haven't heard from the verybadmantipster or his 'booms' for a couple of days,
    he musta went on holiers with this months '365 affiliates cheque.

He'll have to post today on his https://twitter.com/TheBadManTips
    else his 43.7k followers may grow impatient.

Facebook today..........he has a 25/1 accumulator that he will post when we all like and comment !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

eamonnq wrote: »
    Facebook today..........he has a 25/1 accumulator that he will post when we all like and comment !!

So does he post the bet in the comments section? or is there a private group?

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »
    So does he post the bet in the comments section? or is there a private group?

In the comments.

Not sure how successful the accumulators have been though!!

He missed a treble just a day ago, usually will put it up on the twatter regardless of the other channels.
    May consider along with a pinch of salt, sure who knows what goes on with those foreign lower league games (before the kick-off...).

Over 2,500 face comments in 30mins, not a bad following.
    Some of those comments are reminiscent of Evangelists flock.

Perhaps trebles from his 5-folder due today, would be the safe option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would have thought that he would only get paid on customer 'deposits', whether they win or lose, it is no loss to him, but obviously if they lose they may deposit some more and then he gets paid on that deposit too.

30% for the lifetime of the account I think is the figure quoted.

But like, surely not all these people are signing up for the first time?

Plus, if he hits a 50/1 shot, he will actually lose money (30% of what people win).

But like, surely not all these people are signing up for the first time?

Plus, if he hits a 50/1 shot, he will actually lose money (30% of what people win).

No, they don't have to sign up for the first time. Some of them will have already signed up (through his affiliate link maybe), but he gets 30% of the amount they deposit in their account (for the lifetime of the account). Whether it wins or loses is of no concern to him.

He does not lose 30% of anything if they win.

Bet is posted on FB now too.

Perhaps trebles from his 5-folder due today, would be the safe option.

Plenty of people putting a tenner on his accumulator, 30% of all them tenners adds up (if they deposit that into their accounts first!).

Think I will just observe, will probably get 4 out of 5 correct and everyone will be gutted that they just missed out, (but will give it a go again the next time!!).

Here's the badman's forecast for today:

badmanstips.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Lads, I've been following "the bad man" on and off for a few weeks and in his defense I have yet to see him post and links to sign up to Bet365 or any other bookie.

I seen him refer people to Coral once because a tip he posted a tip using a screen shot from Bet365, then Bet365 dropped their odds on thsat bet from 250/1 to 80/1 after he posted it on Twitter etc. He didn't post any links to Coral, he just told people that Bet365 were running scared by dropping their odds and Coral are still at 250/1.

Lads, I've been following "the bad man" on and off for a few weeks and in his defense I have yet to see him post and links to sign up to Bet365 or any other bookie.

I seen him refer people to Coral once because a tip he posted a tip using a screen shot from Bet365, then Bet365 dropped their odds on thsat bet from 250/1 to 80/1 after he posted it on Twitter etc. He didn't post any links to Coral, he just told people that Bet365 were running scared by dropping their odds and Coral are still at 250/1.

His 'shortcuts' to add the bets to the Bet365 slip are the affiliate links as well. ( link includes: mobile.bet365.com/AddToInstantBetSlip.aspx?affiliatecode=365_473572&b )

Once he is picking winners and people are making a few bob, I don't see a problem with it TBH, but I would think he is making a nice few bob from Bet365 as well.

It's 98% 365 traffic, and the links carry an affiliate ID also, for his commission.
    Lets see how he gets on today anyways...

?affiliatecode=365_473572

• Advertisement

It's 98% 365 traffic, and the links carry an affiliate ID also, for his commission.
    Lets see how he gets on today anyways...

Hope it comes up for all those that have backed it!!

OK maybe I was wrong then and he is an affiliate:D

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having an online account to try this out and quite every time I get to lets say 300 euro from 10 euro but I am extremely hesitant to do so...

No harm giving it a go, once you decide you are happy to lose your tenner at any stage along the way.

If you get it up to a couple of hundred even, I would take half of it out and maybe continue with the other half (or half of what is left, and keep the remaining half for future attempts), could be a lot of entertainment out of your tenner by doing that.

OK maybe I was wrong then and he is an affiliate:D

Anyway, I wouldn't mind having an online account to try this out and quite every time I get to lets say 300 euro from 10 euro but I am extremely hesitant to do so...

Meant to say, I don't think there is a major problem with him being an affiliate, no harm making an extra few bob from it if he can. He is not charging for his tips, and is not forcing anyone to back them!!

If people are happy enough to keep following him, that is up to them but the commission he is earning could be a decent lump, if he keeps it going and keeps getting regular enough winners (doesn't have to be the 25 - 1k success all the time), if he comes close every now and again there will be plenty to keep him going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Here's the badman's forecast for today:

badmanstips.png

Bet blown at the first hurdle

Djurgarden 0-3 Kalmar

Indeed, although Orebro won safely 0-4.
    Lets see how the other 3 fair out for fourfolds.
    Club Brugge up 1goal already.

Indeed, although Orebro won safely 0-4.
    Lets see how the other 3 fair out for fourfolds.
    Club Brugge up 1goal already.

Would you say if you picked out 5 bets at random ( at those sort of prices ), would you expect maybe 3 out of 5 of them to come in anyway ?

Gent looks set to win, that's 2 down and out.

So the advice is consider the verybadmans accums,
    but also seek to 'offset' with your pickings and selections at the same time during live.

gent.png

He just got up to 102 10mins ago with in play prediction (#3 or 4), short odds all the same...

Game: Lindome GIF v Torslanda IK
    League: Sweden 2 Div
    TIP: Over 2.5 Match Goals
    £73.50 returned £102.90

Think maybe a few more a due later today via aus/ger matches

• Advertisement

Definitely worth keeping an eye on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement