Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay at home parent thinking of becoming a childminder, would love any advice

Options
  • 13-05-2016 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this is should be in the work section but I think my quesion really for other parents who childmind, so will probably get a better response here.

I've been thinking about becoming a childminder for a while now. Currently I am a sahp to 2 kids (almost 3yo and 18mth old) and could do with the extra income. I have already completed pediatric first aid training and quality awareness training and I am awaiting garda vetting (for the last 3 months :eek: ). I am also in the process if becoming registered/voluntary notified. We already have a childproof house with all the equipment and toys.

What I'm really wondering about is, is it actually manageable or will I end up tearing my hair out? As it is, I enjoy being with my own kids (most days!), we play a lot together and get out every day to the park or playground etc. Just worried that adding another child to the mix might tip the balance though. One other thing is that I don't own a car. Live within walking distance of the school and shops with good public transport. I could buy a car if I knew I was seriously going to give it a go, but is it actually necessary?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love kids and I did it for a year.
    www.childminding.ie is a great resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

sahp ? Is that a strange eastern religion ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please report post rather then trolling on thread.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

sahp ? Is that a strange eastern religion ?

A wild and crazy guess would be Stay At Home Parent.

Advertisement