Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learner permit

Options
  • 13-05-2016 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

so i have 3 insurances with yourselves and wanted to insure my son who just got his learner permit as a named driver on our family car. 

Apparently we have a high power car so you do not want to insure him as he is a high risk driver i am told !  The car in question is a ford galaxy 1.8 diesel 125HP.

So either you refuse to insure young drivers or you charge them an arm and a leg to insure them on "non high power cars"........

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

stef22 wrote: »
    so i have 3 insurances with yourselves and wanted to insure my son who just got his learner permit as a named driver on our family car. 

Apparently we have a high power car so you do not want to insure him as he is a high risk driver i am told !  The car in question is a ford galaxy 1.8 diesel 125HP.

So either you refuse to insure young drivers or you charge them an arm and a leg to insure them on "non high power cars"........
    Hi Steff22
    We would like to look into this further for you. Can you PM me with your policy details and we will refer this to our Underwriting Department.
    Regards 
    Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stef22

it is not even an arm and a leg that you charge ! Give me a few years so i can save for that ridiculous quote ..............

so €1800 it is for a young lad to drive with an L plate the family car ...

so €1800 it is for a young lad to drive with an L plate the family car ...
    Hi Stef22
    We would have to provide you with an updated quote for this change. I can arrange for someone from our Customer Service Team to give you a call to complete a quote for you.
    Regards

Seán

Are we also going to discuss during this call my own insurance ? The one for my 17 years old jeep  that went from €455 last year to €664 this year ( third party off course )? I am 45 years old , never made a claim , have 3 insurances with you and it goes UP BY almost €209 Euros !

dont bother calling

• Advertisement

Are we also going to discuss during this call my own insurance ? The one for my 17 years old jeep  that went from €455 last year to €664 this year ( third party off course )? I am 45 years old , never made a claim , have 3 insurances with you and it goes UP BY almost €209 Euros !

dont bother calling
    Hi Stef22
    Our Customer Service Team can look into your query. If you wish we can arrange for someone to call you to discuss this further.
    Regards

Seán

Advertisement