Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave new job in 2 months

Options
  • 13-05-2016 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi, recently got a new job, but am not happy with the work environment nor the collegues nor the employer . I want to look for a new job, how does it work with the revenue and p45. I had received p45 from previous employer, would I get one now from this employer if I leave? Wht appropriate reason I could give to leave in 2 months in the interviews? If not declared this job I am sure new employer can find from revenue? Hence no option to not declare right?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

kknitter wrote: »
    how does it work with the revenue and p45. I had received p45 from previous employer, would I get one now from this employer if I leave?

once you find a new job and leave your current employer you will be issued with a new P45. your employer will notify revenue of your cessation of employment.

Wht appropriate reason I could give to leave in 2 months in the interviews? If not declared this job I am sure new employer can find from revenue? Hence no option to not declare right?

Regards

tell them you found the role was not suitable, that you are currently looking for a new role, its not a bad thing people move into roles all the time and find they dont enjoy them and leave.

If you mean declare on your CV thats up to you, most employers wont care that you left after two months if you tell them the truth ie that you made a mistake and the role wasnt what you thought it was.

But to answer your question no, a new employer would have no record from the Revenue or where you were working before.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

It's a bit unclear what you're asking. Of course you'd get a P45 from your current employer when you leave. Are you planning on handing in your notice before you get a new job? That wouldn't be a good idea. You're better off finding a new job and then handing in your notice, with the explanation that you've found a job that is more suited to you.

What do you mean by not declaring this job?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

tell them you found the role was not suitable, that you are currently looking for a new role, its not a bad thing people move into roles all the time and find they dont enjoy them and leave.

If you mean declare on your CV thats up to you, most employers wont care that you left after two months if you tell them the truth ie that you made a mistake and the role wasnt what you thought it was.

But to answer your question no, a new employer would have no record from the Revenue or where you were working before.

By declare I mean, put on CV and if they ask in interview where were/are working currently? If I get my P45 it means that the new employer will know my previous 2 months employment even if not the employer name, correct? as they need record for taxation. If I dont put this on CV then why leave before new job and then they find out my salary for paid for last months?

Are you planning on handing in your notice before you get a new job? That wouldn't be a good idea. You're better off finding a new job and then handing in your notice, with the explanation that you've found a job that is more suited to you.

What do you mean by not declaring this job?

By declaring I mean putting on CV. yes, I am hoping to find new one before leaving this.

You don't need to give a new employer your p45. You can simply ring the revenue with your new employers registration number and they will send a tax credit certificate to your new employer. It won't say anything about your last employment.

• Advertisement

You don't need to give a new employer your p45. You can simply ring the revenue with your new employers registration number and they will send a tax credit certificate to your new employer. It won't say anything about your last employment.

Thank you very much.

By declare I mean, put on CV and if they ask in interview where were/are working currently? If I get my P45 it means that the new employer will know my previous 2 months employment even if not the employer name, correct? as they need record for taxation. If I dont put this on CV then why leave before new job and then they find out my salary for paid for last months?

they wont know and wont care if they do look at it long enough to figure out, it will just show how much tax you have paid so far this year...

in general its not the same person who interviews you that will process your payroll in a big company so it wont come up.

you are better off telling the truth though because not disclosing it will just make you nervous in the interview or if you are successful it will be in the back of your mind all the time.

they wont know and wont care if they do look at it long enough to figure out, it will just show how much tax you have paid so far this year...

in general its not the same person who interviews you that will process your payroll in a big company so it wont come up.

you are better off telling the truth though because not disclosing it will just make you nervous in the interview or if you are successful it will be in the back of your mind all the time.

livedadream, you have been so helpful, I guess ultimately its just that I wont get peace of mind and it will always be in back of mind hence so many questions, I guess I am better off telling the truth and declaring on CV and lettign them know the situation. Its the first ever employment that I have to leave in this short notice hence the worry.

livedadream, you have been so helpful, I guess ultimately its just that I wont get peace of mind and it will always be in back of mind hence so many questions, I guess I am better off telling the truth and declaring on CV and lettign them know the situation. Its the first ever employment that I have to leave in this short notice hence the worry.

look it happens, honestly is always the best policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

look it happens, honestly is always the best policy.
    Honesty, but without being too negative.

What I mean is that you should avoid saying things which will make the prospective employer ask things about you;

"I'm find I'm not fitting in/settling in" or, "I can't stick the culture" - The interviewer is going to think, "Why? And will he have the same issue here?"

"I don't like the job" = "You didn't do your research, you might end up hating this one too".

It's not that big a deal really, especially if you don't have a history of job-hopping. I've seen people with CVs where they barely stayed in any role more than a year and it instantly raised red flags with me.

It does happen all the time that people land in a job that they're not getting on with, interviewers will understand that.
    It's especially common that a job is sold as one thing with a big shiny beautiful visage of the company painted and then when you're brought in you discover that the company is in bits and the job is nothing like what was described.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Honesty, but without being too negative.

What I mean is that you should avoid saying things which will make the prospective employer ask things about you;

"I'm find I'm not fitting in/settling in" or, "I can't stick the culture" - The interviewer is going to think, "Why? And will he have the same issue here?"

"I don't like the job" = "You didn't do your research, you might end up hating this one too".

It's not that big a deal really, especially if you don't have a history of job-hopping. I've seen people with CVs where they barely stayed in any role more than a year and it instantly raised red flags with me.

It does happen all the time that people land in a job that they're not getting on with, interviewers will understand that.
    It's especially common that a job is sold as one thing with a big shiny beautiful visage of the company painted and then when you're brought in you discover that the company is in bits and the job is nothing like what was described.

Seamus I completely see your point. The minimum I have stayed with any company is 2 years and the last employer was 5 years.
    I don't want to sell negatively hence want to prepare how to tackle those questions.

Advertisement