Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks in Drogheda Area

Options
  • 13-05-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend any public parks (or other open areas) in the Drogheda/Clogherhead/Termonfeckin area where I could run the legs off a springer spaniel :)

I'm living in Termonfeckin and we normally head up to the beach on weekends. I've been asking around, but there doesn't seem to be any alternative place that I can let him off the lead safely that doesn't involve sand and water!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Oldbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

A field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Oldbridge

I think all dogs have to be on a lead in Oldbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 fortMac

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I think all dogs have to be on a lead in Oldbridge.

Yep you're right, I often go over there with the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

dogs do have to be on a lead in oldbridge alright.

There are plenty of fields in and around termonfeckin where I take my dog off lead .. down towards Baltray and colliers lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 fortMac

whippet wrote: »
    dogs do have to be on a lead in oldbridge alright.

There are plenty of fields in and around termonfeckin where I take my dog off lead .. down towards Baltray and colliers lane.

I'm never sure if it's OK to let him off in any of those fields, I don't want to be responsible for him ruining crops or something.
    We're kind of short on parks in the area, a dog park would be handy. I often see people letting their dogs run around An Grianan, but again not sure if it's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

If your not sure about letting the dog off, you can get a training lead in the likes of equipet. I have one that is 15m in length and I use it with my dog in Oldbridge. He has enough of a run to think he is free and wander about a bit but I still have a hold of it and it's easy to reign him back in if you are near a group of children/dogs etc. I usually carry the training lead over my shoulder if it's not being used and then swap over when I want to use it.

Advertisement