Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LLS 13th May

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

That all ended very fast

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Ah she'll only be getting a fifth of it, that's probably she sounded less than enthusiastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That all ended very fast

That's what she said last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

That all ended very fast

Ha ha..... says Alan partridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bring over the write-off's i hear you can get in the UK, i assume for cheaper?

Yes sadly we have no write off register here so the Irish write off death traps drive around and get fixed up all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭tinpib

Looking forward to the comments on the news and weather here now actually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Elton J on Jools Holland now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ah she'll only be getting a fifth of it, that's probably she sounded less than enthusiastic.

I predict a big row over that yet......it was her text that won,not the others' although they all probably entered the competition.

Most men go grey as they get older,Elton goes gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

RobertKK wrote: »
    A syndicate wins from Sligo...

Let's hope they can sort it out better than the other syndicate that was in sligo for a stag night;)

Let's hope they can sort it out better than the other syndicate that was in sligo for a stag night;)

You beat to that comment.

Yes sadly we have no write off register here so the Irish write off death traps drive around and get fixed up all the time.

That was shocking when i saw it the other night, but i wouldn't put it past the greedygovt to make money on this & sod the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

That was poor, it was all over the shop.

That Jason Byrne was even on was bad, that he got the longest segment of any guest this year is beyond belief, someone in RTE needs to explain that in light of the amount of people who are shunted off when they hit the 17 minute mark. I Only got 5 minutes of it but it was enough.

Didn't watch Kelly, he's an arrogant prick on any day.

O'Carroll was interesting, but got moved just as he was going, it's a serious topic but was dealt with with Tubridy's "you must come back and tell us more about that sometime".

The music would be better served by giving a second song and an interview to The Undertones, one of this islands greatest ever bands and scrapping Phelim Drew's brief, pointless interview and the High Kings. It's just indicative of the cosy cartel that exists in RTE.

It's a bad sign that when you look at the list of interviewees beforehand, you could nearly allocate which ones should get the most time and which should be given only a few minutes, instead RTE do the complete opposite.

Complain to RTE,see what happens.

Now there's a "Byrne" with real class.

• Advertisement

Red Kev wrote: »
    That was poor, it was all over the shop.

That Jason Byrne was even on was bad, that he got the longest segment of any guest this year is beyond belief, someone in RTE needs to explain that in light of the amount of people who are shunted off when they hit the 17 minute mark. I Only got 5 minutes of it but it was enough.

Didn't watch Kelly, he's an arrogant prick on any day.

O'Carroll was interesting, but got moved just as he was going, it's a serious topic but was dealt with with Tubridy's "you must come back and tell us more about that sometime".

The music would be better served by giving a second song and an interview to one of this islands greatest ever bands and scrapping Phelim Drew's brief, pointless interview and the High Kings. It's just indicative of the cosy cartel that exists in RTE.

It's a bad sign that when you look at the list of interviewees beforehand, you could nearly allocate which ones should get the most time and which should be given only a few minutes, instead RTE do the complete opposite.

There's Jason & Ed Byrne & the only funny Byrne i saw that cracked me up was last nite :D

Afaik Kelly was on the SNS years ago as well, apparently he was made homeless once, the roof blew off one winter when he was 'young'

I actually thought it was Brendan o Carroll coming on, until i noticed it was BOC :)

Oh yeah, the cosy cartel was not fondly liked (politely putting it) when a certain GAA team got 4x times more air time when they won :rolleyes:

Complain to RTE,see what happens.

EMailbag with Arthur Murphy, although is that only saved for Ray's Sat show ;):p

You beat to that comment.

Turns out they have solved it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

His mother.
    Hitchens wrote: »
    His mum......... maybe?

Surely you mean his ma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Most of Jason Byrnes material seems to be silly nostalgic references where he starts the "joke" with "Do you remember when you were younger" or jokes that relate to housewives in inner city Dublin. There is no wit nor intelligence in it. Yet he laughs and laughs incessantly at every coment he makes, as does Tubridy (who obliges evert "comedian" by doing so. ) to ensure we know when to laugh also!

I mean listen to him, there is no originality, sense of wit or sarcasm or jokes that only when you think about them, they are hilarious! I mean look at the likes of Jimmy Carr, Michael McIntyre, Kevin Bridges, Billy Connolly, Bill Bailey, Ed Byrne and Ricky Gervais. They don't need to laugh to ensure the audience realises its a puchline or tell a story about their past constantly that merely evokes memories where you think "oh that is so true".

These are nostalgic memories which arent actually funny in themselves they are just funny because modern culture has changed and looking back it is funny we done these things at the time, and they evoke happy memories of our youth

No level of interaction or quick audience response, seems to be all scripted, I doubt he is that funny ad libbing nor I doubt he can make a joke that requires a level of intelligence to resolve its meaning!!

I genuinely think someone like Brendan O Carroll is funnier! Or even Peter Kay, and that is saying something!

Slow news day at Joe.ie: http://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/video-this-is-the-moment-jason-byrne-removed-his-underwear-on-the-late-late-show/544793

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Omg Jason Byrne is hilarious, the way he walked off the stage like a chicken haha and love Brendan O Connor, looking forward to seeing his new show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

fin12 wrote: »
    Omg Jason Byrne is hilarious, the way he walked off the stage like a chicken haha and love Brendan O Connor, looking forward to seeing his new show.

On your own there!!

content_you_re_wrong_gif.gif

ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,713 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ugh. So angry. And weary. Missed the show on Friday, on hols.

Just found out there's RTE on the hotel room tv. Repeat of the Late Late on now.

Jason Byrne. And the f*cking curtains.

Again. And again. And a ****ing gain.

I despair. Honestly, I do.

Advertisement