Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs**t

Options
  • 13-05-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or has anybody else that lives in Glasnevin noticed the huge increase in dogs**t on the footpaths in the last couple of years? It's gone beyond a joke now, they mustn't be enforcing fines. I've a feeling that it's people that are passing through the area too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Seanachai wrote: »
    Is it just me or has anybody else that lives in Glasnevin noticed the huge increase in dogs**t on the footpaths in the last couple of years? It's gone beyond a joke now, they mustn't be enforcing fines. I've a feeling that it's people that are passing through the area too.
    Tis ridiculous isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Seanachai

budhabob wrote: »
    Tis ridiculous isn't it?

Local people have even put up homemade signs alongside the council signs, I think people could be embarassed to broach the subject publically. They need to set up some temporary CCTV and pursue the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Noticed it when living there myself. Dog sh!t and cyclists on the footpath.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Local people have even put up homemade signs alongside the council signs, I think people could be embarassed to broach the subject publically. They need to set up some temporary CCTV and pursue the owners.

I walk along Griffith avenue twice a day and tis like an obstacle course.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

East Wall is worse. Vastly worse. Not sure how - people must be walking packs of dogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,649 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If the dog owners face was put in it or the mess was posted through their letterbox they might learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

L1011 wrote: »
    East Wall is worse. Vastly worse. Not sure how - people must be walking packs of dogs

it's pretty much everywhere these days it's a joke. But my GF lived in eastwall for awhile and it is here i seen dog poo in the street but it was bagged, who bags dog poo and then just leaves it on the street? i mean you've done the hard part... just weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

it's pretty much everywhere these days it's a joke. But my GF lived in eastwall for awhile and it is here i seen dog poo in the street but it was bagged, who bags dog poo and then just leaves it on the street? i mean you've done the hard part... just weird

Hear this argument all the time and only explanation I can think off is that some areas you would be surprised where the next bin is and people dont like walking with it in their hand. Not saying it is right

The whole city is covered in ****, mostly dogs but a lot of human **** too

Nobody seems to care, walking to work is a joke having to watch your feet every 50cm

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jollygood

I bet it's nothing compared to Kilmainham where the pavements are absolutely carpeted in it. So disgusting. Funny I used to live in Sandymount and Ballsbridge where the streets were nice and clean. Not sure if it's the council only cleaning up in the 'nice' areas and leaving the rest, or if it's the dog owners in these places who are just better behaved. A combo of both I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

In Glasnevin, particularly at the back of Hart's Corner, people often bag the poo before launching it into a bush or tree where it just dangles for an undetermined length of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

jollygood wrote: »
    I bet it's nothing compared to Kilmainham where the pavements are absolutely carpeted in it. So disgusting. Funny I used to live in Sandymount and Ballsbridge where the streets were nice and clean. Not sure if it's the council only cleaning up in the 'nice' areas and leaving the rest, or if it's the dog owners in these places who are just better behaved. A combo of both I suspect.
    Yeah right. Its the exact same in sandymount and ballsbridge. And plenty of human **** and piss too especially along the walkway running along the dodder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

The problem isn't, generally, scumbags walking dogs - and I use that word to refer to people who don't clean up after their dogs regardless of socioeconomic background - it's scumbags who let their dogs wander around the streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

It's amazing at times. It's almost as though footpath interrupts the ****path.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Stoneybatter is always destroyed with dog ****e too - it drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

dan1895 wrote: »
    In Glasnevin, particularly at the back of Hart's Corner, people often bag the poo before launching it into a bush or tree where it just dangles for an undetermined length of time.

Why go to the effort to bag it only to throw in on the ground . Disgusting.

It seems to be people passing through from other places, mostly fellas with boxers and mastiffs who don't seem to think they have to pick up after their dogs. I'll probably get flak if I try and describe them but lets just say I've worked with a few of them and they kind of have the same attitude with their own toilet habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

It seems to be people passing through from other places, mostly fellas with boxers and mastiffs who don't seem to think they have to pick up after their dogs. I'll probably get flak if I try and describe them but lets just say I've worked with a few of them and they kind of have the same attitude with their own toilet habits.

Does the description involve neck tattoos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

You should see the streets here in barcelona ... and the problem is there is no fines if you let your dog crap on the streets.

I have seen people let big dogs take massive dumps on the street in front of people and no one cares.

Also when people DO clean up - they don't to a good job, they leave a load of it behind.

It's retarded they stand by the dog with the newspaper wait till he trotts all over the street and then make a half arse job of cleaning it up.

Just put the ****ing paper under the dogs areshole when he starts getting ready to dump!

No civic pride.

I remember in Santa Monica CA, people would comment if someone didn;t clean up properly after their dog - and that meant leaving a spec of ****e behind !! so streets were completely free of dog****.

Does the description involve neck tattoos?

Bad neck tattoos yeah lol, they wear shorts in Winter too. I know some people with neck tattoos and they'd be mortified to leave their dog's mess on the street.

• Advertisement

You should see the streets here in barcelona ... and the problem is there is no fines if you let your dog crap on the streets.

I have seen people let big dogs take massive dumps on the street in front of people and no one cares.

Also when people DO clean up - they don't to a good job, they leave a load of it behind.

It's retarded they stand by the dog with the newspaper wait till he trotts all over the street and then make a half arse job of cleaning it up.

Just put the ****ing paper under the dogs areshole when he starts getting ready to dump!

No civic pride.

I remember in Santa Monica CA, people would comment if someone didn;t clean up properly after their dog - and that meant leaving a spec of ****e behind !! so streets were completely free of dog****.

Certain areas are lucky in that the citizens kind of police things like this themselves, people in Ireland are probably scared to confront the culprits and probably with good reason too. The toerags are out of line and there's nobody to curb their behaviour. Just watch the packs of them on the trains if we get good weather this year.

Advertisement