Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Rush/Lusk

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

LeoB wrote: »
    I live a few hundred yards from it and it is a very nice spot. Quiet with a good sized green in front of the house. It is well settled area with very nice residents living there. I would say a sought after area.

Close to everything 2 minutes from beach and harbour, Harbour bar just down the road. 5-7 minute walk to centre of Rush, 5 minutes to secondary school 10 minutes to primary school.

I would agree with all of the above and like LeoB I live close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Thanks for the feedback, loving the feel of it already just hope a deal can be done now.

Looking forward to the trial and error and many tastings involved in settling on a good local...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Thanks for the feedback, loving the feel of it already just hope a deal can be done now.

Looking forward to the trial and error and many tastings involved in settling on a good local...

You will be spoilt for choice. Harbour bar is decent pub with good food also which is 200 yards to your right. While The Carlyann is just up the road and also a decent pub. Not been in the Michael Collins since it was the Cradle rock. The Strand Bar I always liked and even though I dont drink now I still like going in.

Joe Walshs further up the town is a busy spot with a good name. The Drop inn a few yards past it has had a major revival these past few months and I hear good reports.

There are also bars in 3 local clubs. I would be in the GAA a lot and they have 2 good bars. Cricket club, Sailing club and Golf club have bars but I am not familiar with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Cheers Leo, seem to be spoilt alright, have had a few lunches in The Harbour on our scouting missions and very accommodating and friendly place, I see poker advertised in The Carlyann every Saturday night, does anyone on here play in there, any good of a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.. I see poker advertised in The Carlyann every Saturday night, does anyone on here play in there, any good of a game?
    The Carlyan is my local. ;)

The poker seems to be played by the same people each Friday - that may have changed though as I'm rarely there on a Friday night now. Don't know how good it is as I've very little interest in poker and if I do have to play, I prefer the ordinary 'straight' type rather than the version where some cards are turned up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jbpc

I'm going to view a place in Tayleurs Point next week. I am not familiar with Rush at all however. Does anyone know what this area is like? I know there was a pyrite issue going back but from what I have read that is solved. Is there anything else I should know about the area before thinking of making a move?

Thanks to all

Advertisement