Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat

Options
  • 13-05-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Was just looking for this thread but it seems to have been closed... Sorry Mods if tis wrong to start another but like tis handy...

Anyho happy Friday the 13th to all!!! I would like to say wtf is wrong with car drivers in Cork lately.... Normally I wouldn't use the south link that often but due to changes have been using it lots.. Just went for a short drive there and people are behaving like muppets, do they not realise there are more cars on the road, not just their own..

In the space of 15mins there was one chap who decided he was coming into the lane I was in no indicators nothing, had to swerve and beep and then he got pissy and started beeping and mouthing off...

Lady driver then pulls a u turn into on coming traffic by the Elysian and doesn't even batt and eye at the oncoming traffic, another muppet then decides to stop and find a car park spare for himself on a corner with traffic pelting around the corner!!

Tis scary stuff out there....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Or.
    South ring road, Duglas to tunnel in heavy traffic.
    Pratts shoot up the turn off for Mahon lane, suddenly cutting into the main lane for tunnel at the last second.
    Causing the car behind (in main lane) to break which in turn causing pileup :( while the culprit happily goes on his way.
    This I have seen happen two times in the last year, + a few close one's.

Don't get me started on the rules of merging traffic junctions :confused:
    They are "merging" junctions, not a "Yield right of way"
    Both drivers have to be accommodating :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Tom44 wrote: »
    Or.
    South ring road, Duglas to tunnel in heavy traffic.
    Pratts shoot up the turn off for Mahon lane, suddenly cutting into the main lane for tunnel at the last second.
    You should see the pri*ks doing this coming in on the N25 in the morning. Barrelling up the lane(s) the city and then veering in to the tunnel sliproad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭baldtooyoung

It's brutal.same there in the morning from tunnel to mahon point

"Oh look at me I'm just going to tesco to purchase some provisions, NO, FCUK YOU I'm going straight on and I'm not going to indicate just Plough on because my life is better and more important than yours and my wife is hotter"

Drives me mad.

Other than that, life is good.we all good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Here is the old thread which is still open to posts but hasn't been used in months!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056384033&page=74

No harm creating a new one.

Sadly the standard of driving is appalling all over the country. People not indicating, driving too close to car in front, going down one way streets, illegal turns etc. Also amount of illegal parking is beyond a joke but the people in charge don't seem to give a fcuk!

Near where I live there is a small business with a fire escape beside some parking spaces and despite a sign saying "no parking fire excape" there is always someone parked there! In the event of a fire people would not be able to open the door wide enough to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

It doesnt seem to bother people pass the grand parade during any week day and cars will be parked in the loading bays,no wonder so many tickets are being issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Cork traffic, Bla Bla Bla, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

aujopimur wrote: »
    Cork traffic, Bla Bla Bla, get over it.

Someone bored by a post on Cork traffic, bla, bla, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I moved to Kilkenny 2 years ago.......I now realise that relative to Kilkenny, Cork drivers, in general, are good. The crowd up here are oblivious to the majority of the rules of the road. Speeding up through roundabouts, driving at 80/90 kph in 50 zones, and the amount of cars that drive with no lights on at night has to be seen (or not seen) to be believed.

I moved to Kilkenny 2 years ago.......I now realise that relative to Kilkenny, Cork drivers, in general, are good. The crowd up here are oblivious to the majority of the rules of the road. Speeding up through roundabouts, driving at 80/90 kph in 50 zones, and the amount of cars that drive with no lights on at night has to be seen (or not seen) to be believed.

Cork has been classed as the best county for useing dims when driving 👍

But I also see the lack of use further up the country in poor conditions 👎

It's brutal.same there in the morning from tunnel to mahon point

"Oh look at me I'm just going to tesco to purchase some provisions, NO, FCUK YOU I'm going straight on and I'm not going to indicate just Plough on because my life is better and more important than yours and my wife is hotter"

Drives me mad.

Other than that, life is good.we all good?

Broke my dole laughing at that a few weeks back there.
    Parked squad car at Mahon exit giving out fines and a guard standing way back to make sure all the cars on/useing the hard sholder stayed and were forced to wait for their just punishment :D

Me good

• Advertisement

Broke my dole laughing at that a few weeks back there.
    Parked squad car at Mahon exit giving out fines and a guard standing way back to make sure all the cars on/useing the hard sholder stayed and were forced to wait for their just punishment :D

Me good

You are a legend my friend! After people pass the driving test there should be an anti asshole test.Haha.

As this is a general chit chat thread, what's going on peeps?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Peeps guess what we done today fecking got a big of burn but saw the star wars set in Crookhaven..It was great to see i must say and met a loverly chap along the way who was there for a the same reason, Michael me thinks loverly chap...

Meet more diasterous drivers on the way back but sure it seems the norm.... Lovely day

Daft Daft.ie
    How come all their ads for houses throughout the country are listed as " close to bus, rail and Luas"

And close to church's & universities :confused:

Daft Daft.ie
    How come all their ads for houses throughout the country are listed as " close to bus, rail and Luas"

And close to church's & universities :confused:

ESTATE AGENTS IN LIE TELLING SHOCKER!

Haha.i know it's very annoying.but when ya think about it bar the luas houses in cork city are near them things.
    Roscommon on the other hand not so much.but sure10 years ago that place was on the Dublin commuter belt.

This thread keeps going like way down the list.... A question pour vou's does anyone know of this chap who calls around collecting money his nickname is the captain? Calls around the Victoria Road area

So any ladies out there no of any kinda of work out group or boot camp group for workouts.. Have to get my ass in gear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is Uber in Cork yet?

Whats Uber then never heard of it...

Another question I know I can google, but its annoying me I will say. For L plates, and N plate drivers. Where are you actually suppose to have the stickers on your car. The amount of cars I have seen with the plate on the top left hand corner of the back window. to me that makes no sense, is it not blocking a blind spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Taxi service similar to Hailo.

The city council in their wisdom have the Lee Fields car park shut this weekend for maintenance. No maintenance happening at any stage that I saw.

How do these stupid people have jobs??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

I never realised that Cork city was in Ireland's ancient east! First pic is near Shandon & you can probably work out where the other one is :)

1zmov0o.jpg
    fco41z.jpg

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Taxi service similar to Hailo. ...........
    In Ireland it is that currently as it is only allowed to provide bookings only to a licensed driver using a licensed vehicle.

In other countries it acts as a communication to hook up passengers with lifts that are not licensed vehicles :)

I think it's only in Dublin at the moment and next to useless in so far as it does nothing not being done already.

opus wrote: »
    I never realised that Cork city was in Ireland's ancient east! First pic is near Shandon & you can probably work out where the other one is :)........

Decent marketing IMO, get a few extra tourists down to Cork

Pondering as I normaly do, could someone tell me the name of the Hippy Shop that opened on the coal quay.. The one on the corner.. Thanking ye

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I wonder could Uber in Cork, work like it does in Edinburgh, in that yes, you have to be licenced but it's mostly Hackney's double jobbing.
    The black cabs are not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Milly33 wrote: »
    Pondering as I normaly do, could someone tell me the name of the Hippy Shop that opened on the coal quay.. The one on the corner.. Thanking ye

Do you mean Lavitt's Quay?
    If so, it's The Funky Skunk

If it's Cornmarket Street (Coal Quay) then it's Dervish

No the quay tis open there just at the opposite corner as such where the great outdoors is

No the quay tis open there just at the opposite corner as such where the great outdoors is

That's Cornmarket Street.
    That moved from around the corner, not sure what it's called.

Isnt it the coal quay too now.. Culio sure ne stress

Isnt it the coal quay too now.. Culio sure ne stress

Cornmarket Street is known as the Coal Quay but this is confusing as it isn't a quay.

So were both right then! :) It shall be forever the Coal Quay to me.. There is a quay there sure back in the old days twas all a quay

• Advertisement
Advertisement