Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP Scheme

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭SimonLafferty2

Can one person in a household be working to receive hap

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Can one person in a household be working to receive hap

Yes, as long as the income is below the council threshold for social housing - once you qualify for social housing you automatically qualify for HAP

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭SimonLafferty2

fifi28 wrote: »
    Yes, as long as the income is below the council threshold for social housing - once you qualify for social housing you automatically qualify for HAP

Do you know where I could find out if it's below

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

Do you know where I could find out if it's below

Information can be found here - http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/local_authority_and_social_housing/applying_for_local_authority_housing.html

And income limits here - http://www.housing.gov.ie/sites/default/files/migrated-files/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/table_with_2016_income_limits.pdf

Depending on location a single person can earn up to 35k net annually to qualify for social housing and HAP. Which is around 48k gross (this sounds ridiculously high IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mlt

I would like an advice because we are a couple with one child from eu country and we would like to relocate to donegal.
    So as benefit we get €410 monthly to LL, the contribution we have to pay 10 or 15% at the moment net of weekly income ? Persons who does not have their names registered on that address they will be not treated as an income ? Only the registered persons can be treated ? From the list the threshold says Single €25,000 net, are we fall under this ? And if my spouse will work as well, means €25,000 x2 €50,000 is the maximum we get earn to stay eligible ? 
    Thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mlt wrote: »
    From the list the threshold says Single €25,000 net, are we fall under this ? And if my spouse will work as well, means €25,000 x2 €50,000 is the maximum we get earn to stay eligible ?

According to the link above 2 adults

income bands are expressed in terms of a maximum net income threshold for a single-person household, with an allowance of 5% for each additional adult household member.

€25,000 + 5% = €26,250 household net income threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mlt

Graham wrote: »
    From the list the threshold says Single €25,000 net, are we fall under this ? And if my spouse will work as well, means €25,000 x2 €50,000 is the maximum we get earn to stay eligible ?

According to the link above 2 adults

income bands are expressed in terms of a maximum net income threshold for a single-person household, with an allowance of 5% for each additional adult household member.

€25,000 + 5% = €26,250 household net income threshold.

So if 1 adult works and additional adult doesn't work, the working adult cannot exceed €26,250 net to be eligible ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

So if 1 adult works and additional adult doesn't work, the working adult cannot exceed €26,250 net to be eligible ?

That would be my non-expert interpretation.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ann0

Hey guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. Myself and my partner have recently qualified for the hap scheme however we need to find a new place to live as the landlord won't accept hap. Could anyone tell me how much of a contribution per week myself and partner will have to pay accomidation eill be for myself, Partner and daughter

Thanks in advance.
    its ilegal for a landlord to say they wont accept the hap or rent allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 megs199719

Hi im just looking for a bit of advice im currently after getting accepted onto the social housing waiting list. im currently looking for accomadation im just wondering since im able to apply for hap can i move to different region or will i have to sign up onto there council before i can use the hap or can i move anywhere since im after been accepted on to the council social housing . thanks in advance

• Advertisement

megs199719 wrote: »
    Hi im just looking for a bit of advice im currently after getting accepted onto the social housing waiting list. im currently looking for accomadation im just wondering since im able to apply for hap can i move to different region or will i have to sign up onto there council before i can use the hap or can i move anywhere since im after been accepted on to the council social housing . thanks in advance
    the council will be able to tell you everything about the hap

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

fifi28 wrote: »
    Have just signed up to this scheme in the last couple of wks so hope the following helps......

You also pay a weekly rent contribution to the council - roughly 10% of household weekly income

10%? I wish!! Try 25%

i think the rent is based on income same as the old rent allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

When the local authority means-test for HAP, does this means-testing also include how much money you have in your bank current account?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Saudades wrote: »
    When the local authority means-test for HAP, does this means-testing also include how much money you have in your bank current account?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Gatling wrote: »
    Yes

Okay, and what is the correlation between the means-test and the bank account amount?

Is it a case of if you have over a certain amount of cash in your bank, then you're completely ineligible? If so, what is the maximum limit of savings allowed?

I can't find any information about HAP means-testing on the HAP or citizens advice or welfare websites.

Advertisement