Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps I Phone

Options
  • 13-05-2016 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭

anyone used this when travelling abroad, need to get from ferry terminal to campsite in france and was wondering if the I Phone would work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I cached some areas (cities and surrounding area) and used gps with no data fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if you need offline maps then checkout "here" maps.

Their maps were formely known as Navteq and the original base for google, then was nokia, and then was bought for billions of euro by BMW/ Mercedes/ VW.
    So.... a trustable enough crowd.

if youre happy to use data then google maps will work fine of course, but you are relying on reception along the route

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

if you need offline maps then checkout "here" maps.

Their maps were formely known as Navteq and the original base for google, then was nokia, and then was bought for billions of euro by BMW/ Mercedes/ VW.
    So.... a trustable enough crowd.

if youre happy to use data then google maps will work fine of course, but you are relying on reception along the route

Google maps offers caching.

Advertisement