Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit retry time

Options
  • 13-05-2016 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

jkn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi,

I had two direct debits fail last week due to a lack of funds in the account. How long does it take for the funds to be taken from the account now that it is in funds or is there anythign I'm required to do?

Thanks
    Hi chunkylover4 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

If these direct debits are not with Bank of Ireland, it will be best to check back with the creditor as to their possible retry requests. 

If the direct debits are with Bank of Ireland, retry's can vary depending on the nature of the direct debit. i.e loan/ mortgage/savings etc. 

If the direct debit is going to ourselves, you can send us a PM and we can check for you. 
    Please be careful for security reasons not to send account/ PIN details. If you could give us your full name, the Branch your accounts are with, contact number and more information on type of direct debit(s). 

(To send us a PM, please ensure you have your signatures set to display in your control panel and then click on my signature link to send your PM.)

Many Thanks
    Alison 

Advertisement