Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply

Options
  • 13-05-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Can someone advise what power supply I should get for a rig with:

i5 4460
    R9 380 4gb
    3 HDDs
    1 SSD
    1 DVD drive

Not sure how much additional power i need for the extra hard drives. Could someone recommend a decent model from mindfactory.de? They have 500W PSUs from 20 which seems dodgy, but I have no idea what I should actually be looking for in one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Extra hard drives will add like 4 watts or something so they're negligible.

A solid 500w will cost 50-70 Euro, Seasonic, Corsair, EVGA and BeQuiet are solid brands

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

For just a psu use amazon for a lot cheaper postage and better aftercare

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Plug your data into this

http://powersupplycalculator.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Basically, you'll get away with 500W no problem, as your system at max only draws around 390W or so.
    If you want quieter operation push the PSU to a 600W model, as the fans won't need to spin as much.
    Good brands are beQuiet, Corsair, EVGA, CoolerMaster, SeaSonic, XFX, Silverstone and NZXT.

Advertisement