Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteers painting nuns island today - name of organisation?

Options
  • 13-05-2016 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was walking past nuns island today, and saw two girls in the little corner alley between the cathedral road and the bish road (not great with directions obviously!) in maroon tshirts painting over the graffitti. The tshirts had the name of an organisation/initiative on them, and I forgot the name. It was something like helpoutgalway or lets clean galway or something like that.

I approached the girls and asked about the tshirts/group/initiative, and they told me that they're over here from the states for a week and are staying with a host family on the condition that they help out around the city. They seemed really happy and told me to check out the website. So I've just arrived back into the office, go to type in website name, and... nothing. :confused::confused:

Really hoping someone here knows what I'm talking about and can tell me the site name. It seems like a fantastic initiative - hosting in exchange for community service, everyone wins!

Comments

Advertisement