Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in the UK: get a UK SIM or stick with Irish SIM?

Options
  • 13-05-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I'm going to the UK for 3-4 days (Weekend + Monday and possibly Tuesday). While I'm there I want tise my mobile for both calls and data - probably more data than calls.

Am I better getting a UK sim when I am there and using it i.e. better in cost terms? Or the short period I am there, does it really make very little difference if I simply continue to use my UK sim/number?

My data usage will mainly be email, browsing websites. No streaming.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

tmh106 wrote: »
    I'm going to the UK for 3-4 days (Weekend + Monday and possibly Tuesday). While I'm there I want tise my mobile for both calls and data - probably more data than calls.

Am I better getting a UK sim when I am there and using it i.e. better in cost terms? Or the short period I am there, does it really make very little difference if I simply continue to use my UK sim/number?

My data usage will mainly be email, browsing websites. No streaming.

Thanks.

It depends on your network and price plan but with the new EU roaming charges you might get it cheaper than you think if your provider allows you to use your irish allowance with a roaming adder. You should calculate how much data you are going to use and what the additional roaming cost is.

Well unless you are with Tesco Mobile, than you might consider a local SIM.

Advertisement