Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In turkey. No money in Atm but account debited anyway

Options
  • 13-05-2016 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I am on holidays in Turkey and I went to take out euros from an ATM. The machine did not have the money so it cancelled the transaction and gave me back my card. However the amount was still taken from my account.

I took the money out on Wednesday the 11th and it still has not been rectified and I'm down money that I needed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Irishchick wrote: »
    I am on holidays in Turkey and I went to take out euros from an ATM. The machine did not have the money so it cancelled the transaction and gave me back my card. However the amount was still taken from my account.

I took the money out on Wednesday the 11th and it still has not been rectified and I'm down money that I needed.
    Hi Irishchick,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear this. If this amount does not adjust back to your account after five working days of the withdrawal, please send your query when you are logged into 365 Online and we can then request for the amount to be refunded to your account. Please select the Online Service Desk and then the "Ask a Question" option from the drop down to send your query, giving the date and amount of the withdrawal in question.

If we can help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Hi Irishchick,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

Sorry to hear this. If this amount does not adjust back to your account after five working days of the withdrawal, please send your query when you are logged into 365 Online and we can then request for the amount to be refunded to your account. Please select the Online Service Desk and then the "Ask a Question" option from the drop down to send your query, giving the date and amount of the withdrawal in question.

If we can help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks I will

Advertisement