Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playoffs - Wendies v Brighton

• 13-05-2016 7:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

15 point gap in League was it

The top 3 were so much better than the rest all 3 should of been promoted.believe this is how it works in Serie B if the points difference is so much bigger between 3rd and the next team.

Anyways. Love the playoffs

Goalfest here I'm hoping

Wendies to sneak a first leg advantage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Some tempo already. Hope it's a cracker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Brighton close then post

What a strike.

Lol at Wendies

not given

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Brilliant finish, what the fcuk, ruled offside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Very delayed decision there.

Poor refereeing, the attacker should have been given the benefit of the doubt if it was that unclear in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Disgusting decision. Linesman was running back to the halfway line as well ? Wtf

Holloway will combust at half time over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The officials could only have been guessing what's going on, and that is a dangerous thing in these playoffs.

ebbsy wrote: »
    The officials could only have been guessing what's going on, and that is a dangerous thing in these playoffs.

As much as it pains me to say it, I think they made the right call.

That's an amazing goal. Come on.

Great goal.

What a goal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Appalling goalkeeping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

They got the decision right in the end, I suspect the linesman thought Hooper touched the ball and the Ref must have saw that he didn't. It was the correct decision and there's no room for benefit of the doubt in a case like this to be honest when he was acres offside.

Disgusting decision. Linesman was running back to the halfway line as well ? Wtf

Utter rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Delighted to see Ross Wallace on the scoresheet. Always thought of very highly for his performances at Sunderland.

Big opportunity for Towell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

Richie Towell on now ...

Come on Richie! Make yourself a hero.

Brighton have showed Wednesday a whiff of their arse here

Very surprised if this doesn't finish 3-0

Some injury curse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Couldn't get much worse luck in your biggest game of the season than Brighton are having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Knockaert looks to be in quite a bit of pain.

4 injuries to your best 4 players in 57 minutes

couldnt make it up

Friday 13th

Wednesday have to go for it, should look to wrap up this tie tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Gotta feel for Hughton, 2 key suspensions coming into the game, 3 injury substitutions before the hour mark and now Knockaert off injured.

• Advertisement

.goal

Very composed finish.

This is brilliant, another great finish. Please score 1 more.

Hope someone pushes Kirkland over

This must be up there with the worst play-off performances ever from Brighton. I mean the sheer drop in performance from regular league games is astonishing. I think there's a psychological element to the injuries too. They haven't turn up. They've given up.

I think this game confirms my belief that the winners of the other semi-final are going up.

Very happy with that, roll on Monday. Feel for Houghton, really unlucky injuries wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's amazing when a team just misses out on automatic promotion the effect it has on them in a play-off. They really missed Dunk and Stephens especially tonight. They started alright and had a few chances but when the injuries started coming it would be hard for any team already missing important players to cope. Even at 1-0 they were doing ok and Wednesday weren't creating a whole lot, they'll be a bit disappointed to concede the 2nd goal the way they did. Still, an early goal in the 2nd leg will change a lot, especially if the likes of Knockaert will be fit enough, although it looked unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

This must be up there with the worst play-off performances ever from Brighton. I mean the sheer drop in performance from regular league games is astonishing. I think there's a psychological element to the injuries too. They haven't turn up. They've given up.

I think this game confirms my belief that the winners of the other semi-final are going up.

In fairness they lost 4 players to injury before an hour was even up along with the suspensions beforehand. Think it's pretty harsh to have a go at them in those circumstances. Don't think I've ever seen a side suffer 4 quick successive injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

You do realise the term 'Wendies' is hilarious to us.

Brighton bottled it, tried to cheat and time waste away 90 minutes til they got what was inevitable.

The disallowed goal was a joke, the linesman gave nothing, the ref gave nothing, until the Brighton players started waving their arms at the linesman. Decisions should be made by officials and not from ganging up on the lino.

Brilliant atmosphere at Hillsborough, one of the best, up there with the Kaiserslautern and Chelsea Semi games, the phone lights across the ground which was totally spontaneous was something ill never forget.

Shouldve won it there and then. Still a job to do on Monday tho, Carlos is a class bloke who doesnt get much wrong.

You do realise the term 'Wendies' is hilarious to us.

Brighton bottled it, tried to cheat and time waste away 90 minutes til they got what was inevitable.

The disallowed goal was a joke, the linesman gave nothing, the ref gave nothing, until the Brighton players started waving their arms at the linesman. Decisions should be made by officials and not from ganging up on the lino.

Brilliant atmosphere at Hillsborough, one of the best, up there with the Kaiserslautern and Chelsea Semi games, the phone lights across the ground which was totally spontaneous was something ill never forget.

Shouldve won it there and then. Still a job to do on Monday tho, Carlos is a class bloke who doesnt get much wrong.

Brighton definitely bottled it. But I don't know where the cheating came out of? I remember a Wednesday player diving trying to get a penalty near the end. Brighton were obviously going to try to waste time when they were down to 10 men. The disallowed goal was the correct decision.

Enjoy your victory and stop looking for things to complain about.

Advertisement