Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 17 Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I have it too lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

After taking a sabbatical of a few years I got this years version to play casually. Working my way through the training drills and also playing MUT for the first time. Enjoying it so far but it is a few years since I played.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Berty44 wrote: »
    After taking a sabbatical of a few years I got this years version to play casually. Working my way through the training drills and also playing MUT for the first time. Enjoying it so far but it is a few years since I played.

Welcome back, Berty! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Berty44 wrote: »
    17/12/12
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Chiefs 35 Broncos 3

O my sweet jebus,after a couple of good wins the Broncos came crashing down to earth here versus the chiefs.
    The game was over after the 1st quarter with the chiefs scoring 3 touchdowns in the quarter.
    Most of the game was the Jamal Charles and Hillis show,Broncos cud not stop either for love nor money.
    (Whatever I did I cudn't stop the run,was trying 2 man under and putting 2 linebackers on the HB,wasn't working,cover 2's,cover 1's)
    Hillis ended the game with about 100 yards and Charles with about 200 hundred yards and 2 touchdowns including a touchdown run from his inside his 10 yard line.
    Also the Chiefs passing was really good,nearly all recievers were hit and the passing was so fast sometimes,just snapped and the ball was gone.
    Thanks to Berty for easing off me on the 2nd half he cud have rightly run up a score and a massive thanks for explaining about the re-signings and cap penalties,I really didn't have a cluepacman.gif .
    Gluk in the playoffs too.

*This is meant as a joke,welcome back Berty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm playing on PS4. I'm still undecided on it - there are bits of the game which annoy me where it seems to have taken a big step back from M16. I don't know what it is like on the XB1 but in my CFM game the AI calls cover three press constantly and I can just use a fast receiver to burn the CB for a touchdown pretty much every play. It is kinda demoralising.

I'm not sold on the commentary, blocking kicks is too easy, returning blocked kicks for TDs is too easy, either my understanding of the new touchback rule is wrong (possibly) or the game isn't implementing it correctly. I like that they've tweaked scouting but dislike what they have tweaked it to. I've scouted the entire class of QBs in my first draft class and only two are considered worthy of being drafted.
    I find in Madden they hate QB's in the draft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

I really cant get UT, its not as easy to get into, imo as Fifa's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Howaya lads, I just picked this up a week ago. Had only really played Madden a handful of times before - way back in the 90's probably - but quite enjoying this.

Over the last week I've managed to improve a bit to be able to be competitive at pro level with the CPU controlled teams. Online I'm a disaster, have played maybe 3 matches and got absolutely hammered in two.

Looking for a few tips to improve, if you have any?

At the moment, offensively, my tactic is to rush the first couple of downs or hit some quick/shotgun passes. In the last couple of nights I have managed some serious touchdowns, but like I said, these are at pro level (second lowest). Defensively, I just follow the coach's instruction and move the cursor to the lad at the edge of the defensive line and try get around for the sack.

I wouldn't follow NFL all that closely, but have begun to since this time last year, so I'm beginning to get a notion of who the good players are aside from the overall ratings of the teams.

Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Have you done the skill trainer? Madden is really good at teaching you both the basics and then more advanced strategy.

One tip on defense I'd give is to not do what most newbies (myself included) do and blitz all the bloody time.

Are you Xbox or PS4? If PlayStation I'm happy to give you a game and chat on the headset to give you some tips. I'm far from being good but I know my way around the game.

Yeah, have done the training, but when you've a bunch of big monsters running around the place it's a different story! :pac: I intend to hit the training a bit more at the weekend to see if I can improve at all. I know the buttons to press for high/low ball and for the different type of catches, but I'm not putting them all together yet.

I try not to blitz, have realised the value of the cover defence!

I'm on PS4: Frankie_5Angels - cheers!

• Advertisement

Fiddle-de-tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any 17 league? Finally said feck it and picked up an xbox yest so looking to get back into madden (3 years i think).

Xbox one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

gufc21 wrote: »
    Any 17 league? Finally said feck it and picked up an xbox yest so looking to get back into madden (3 years i think).

Xbox one

Only 6 ppl showed interest in the league so wasn't enough to run it this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Find myself wanting to do a franchise, but no one on PS4 has this game :(
    So each year I end up only playing it rarely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm on PS4. If we could get a couple more we could start a franchise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just dropping in here from the Xbox forum, Madden NFL 17 is to be added to the EA Access vault on the 24th, so you'll all have a few more players on the Xbox side of things.

https://twitter.com/EAAccess/status/832311107138228226

Throw a post into the xbox forum if you want to see if you can sway a few boardsies into installing it.

Advertisement