Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU & Water Cooling Help

Options
  • 13-05-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello,

I'm currently planning on building a new Computer due to the release of the GTX 1080.
    The build will consist of:
    Intel i7-5820K

MSI X99A Sli Plus USB 3.1 Motherboard

Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition

Kingston 480GB SSD

2x Western Digital (Blue) 1TB

Ram will be salvaged from my current computer 16GB Corsair Vengence

I'm also planning on water cooling the CPU and possibly the GPU depending on the overclocking temp.

I'm just wondering what PSU would be recommended for this build & Recommended Pump, Reservoir and radiator would be recommended for said build

Case will be either
    In Win 805 Or Phanteks Eclipse P400S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Couple of questions:

Why X99?
    Why founder's edition? If you're going to throw a block on it anyway you're literally throwing money away.
    What's the budget for the rest of the stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Get a Tier 1 750 or 800w and you'll have more power than you'll ever need and silence from it to boot

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Seanypop

Serephucus wrote: »
    Couple of questions:

Why X99?
    Why founder's edition? If you're going to throw a block on it anyway you're literally throwing money away.
    What's the budget for the rest of the stuff?

I've essentially money to waste the extra bit of money regarding the Founder Edit also i want one asap as i'll be needing it from my current pc build being lacking.

As for the x99 if you can suggest a mobo that will suffice the I7 and give a good value regarding that x99 comes with windows 8.1 which i hope to be getting the free w10 upgrade asap then please send me a component

Budget regarding other components will be anything that will keep everything cool when rendering high poly models and gaming on highest possible settings.

Get a Tier 1 750 or 800w and you'll have more power than you'll ever need and silence from it to boot

Okay thank you

Is this gaming only?

Is this gaming only?

No this will be doing 3D model & rendering over the course of it's lifespan. Gaming will be a factor aswell

• Advertisement

Seanypop wrote: »
    I've essentially money to waste the extra bit of money regarding the Founder Edit also i want one asap as i'll be needing it from my current pc build being lacking.

Well we don't know what cards are coming out when. It could happen that AIB non-reference cards ship on the same day. If so, get one of those as it'll be €100 cheaper.
    Seanypop wrote: »
    As for the x99 if you can suggest a mobo that will suffice the I7 and give a good value regarding that x99 comes with windows 8.1 which i hope to be getting the free w10 upgrade asap then please send me a component

What?

What?

The MSI X99A Sli Plus comes with windows 8.1 included which is one of the reasons i'll be buying it and it does exactly what i want. I was just saying if you can get a board that can do the same job but also will either be cheaper when buying the board and windows than this board then please send one my way

Could I get a link to this site offering that motherboard with a copy of Windows?

You'll also have to tell us what you want the board to do

Could I get a link to this site offering that motherboard with a copy of Windows?

Change of plans after abit of research the mobo was miss advertised stating Software included when infact is meant supported or something along those lines. On the other hand i will be able to salvage the Windows 8 from my current build after a call to MS.
    You'll also have to tell us what you want the board to do

I wish to get the best mobo for a 1 SSD and 2 WD HDD essentially. What else would there be to take account of when looking for a mobo?

• Advertisement

If that's all you want, just get whatever the cheapest X99 board is...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If that's all you want, just get whatever the cheapest X99 board is...

Not Gigabyte. Had 3 DOA's from them recently for x99's, support forum was full of people with similar issues.

Advertisement