Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to know telephone number of my new house.

Options
  • 13-05-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

I'm moving house and I need to know the phone number for my Sky Broadband. I have been onto your customer service multiple times and each time we get a different story. The address is a non unique address as it is shared with approx 8 other houses. The previous tennants did not have a telephone line.

Firstly I have had a telecoms engineer to make sure the line is physically connected and it is. Eir cannot give me the number becasue they cannot identify the house/line.

secondly I have been advised by your customer service agents to dial 199000 or 198000 to get my number. I did, however no response because there is no dial tone however this is apparently impossible according to another of your customer service agents.

Another agent using the eircode "updated" the line however how could he if he didnt know the address properly or attach our name to the line. Sky cannot use eircode to find the address(great system I know).

I dont want to sign up with Eir as your package prices for basic broadband are €135/yr dearer than Sky and they have phone with their price.

I just want the phone number please.

Regards
    Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Firstly I have had a telecoms engineer to make sure the line is physically connected and it is.

secondly I have been advised by your customer service agents to dial 199000 or 198000 to get my number. I did, however no response because there is no dial tone 

A telecomms engineer (and you probably mean tech) that doesnt know what an inactive line is? Sure....

No dial tone = inactive path = no number. If there was a number still assigned there would be a dial tone. Usually this means its been out of use for over a year.

Sky need to order a new line provide from OpenEir. They used to not do this but now will if you order Sky TV with the BB. If you dont want TV you must chose Eir/Vodafone/Magnet/Pure. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I'm moving house and I need to know the phone number for my Sky Broadband. I have been onto your customer service multiple times and each time we get a different story. The address is a non unique address as it is shared with approx 8 other houses. The previous tennants did not have a telephone line.

Firstly I have had a telecoms engineer to make sure the line is physically connected and it is. Eir cannot give me the number becasue they cannot identify the house/line.

secondly I have been advised by your customer service agents to dial 199000 or 198000 to get my number. I did, however no response because there is no dial tone however this is apparently impossible according to another of your customer service agents.

Another agent using the eircode "updated" the line however how could he if he didnt know the address properly or attach our name to the line. Sky cannot use eircode to find the address(great system I know).

I dont want to sign up with Eir as your package prices for basic broadband are €135/yr dearer than Sky and they have phone with their price.

Regards
    Gerry
    Hi gerrycollins,

ED E is correct, if the number was still assigned to the line there would be a dial tone.
    A new installation would be required and should you wish to place this order with Sky they will be able to arrange this for you.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Hi gerrycollins,

ED E is correct, if the number was still assigned to the line there would be a dial tone.
    A new installation would be required and should you wish to place this order with Sky they will be able to arrange this for you.

-Pamela 

Pamela,

Sky have informed me that they are unable to do this. I've been onto sky numerous times and I'm getting different versions however they all fall back to getting the number form you guys.

Can you help at wits end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi gerrycollins,

-Pamela 

Pamela,

Sky have informed me that they are unable to do this. I've been onto sky numerous times and I'm getting different versions however they all fall back to getting the number form you guys.

Can you help at wits end
    Pamela is not in today I'm afraid. 

Unfortunately we are unable to advise you of the telephone number at the address as there is non there. If you are not getting any dial tone that would mean there is no line available to activate. 

If you require a connection a brand new line needs to be installed. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Unfortunately we are unable to advise you of the telephone number at the address as there is non there. If you are not getting any dial tone that would mean there is no line available to activate. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Ok great how do I do that. Ps I don't want to get tied into a contract with eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

get a contract from eir.

then get a new line installed (it's free)

get contract with sky

cancel contract with eir within the cooling off period (14 days?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks

Tracey 

Ok great how do I do that. Ps I don't want to get tied into a contract with eir
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you wish to get a new line installed by ourselves gerrycollins you can contact our sales team on 1800 503 303, they'll advise of all. However you would be tied to us then and if you cancel the service a charge would imply for the connection. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tracey [/font]

Advertisement