Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght to City Center

• 13-05-2016 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,
    Just a quick question,
    how long would it take for a bus 49/54a/65b (kiltiper area) to get to the city center (dame street) early in the morning , lets say 49 leaves Jobstown at 6:15 ( is the traffic really bad at this time from tallght to city? )
    thanks in advance !!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Thoma90 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just a quick question,
    how long would it take for a bus 49/54a/65b (kiltiper area) to get to the city center (dame street) early in the morning , lets say 49 leaves Jobstown at 6:15 ( is the traffic really bad at this time from tallght to city? )
    thanks in advance !!

54A will take less than an hour at that hour of the morning
    I work for D/B I drove the 54A yesterday.
    even during the day it took roughly an hour;)

• Site Banned Posts: 108 ✭✭Shawn Michaels

Luas Red Line not an option?

Assuming that there's no strike!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

My experience with the 54a would be that it takes over an hour! Don't think the 49 goes to jobstown tough..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Thoma90

Luas Red Line not an option?

Assuming that there's no strike!

yeah could be its just 20 min walk to luas , or is there any free parking around the square area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Thoma90 wrote: »
    yeah could be its just 20 min walk to luas , or is there any free parking around the square area?

Not around the Square but you might be able to park in Springfield and get on the luas at the Hospital stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Use the National Journey Planner app or www.a-b.ie to get this kind of information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,836 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

amor3 wrote: »
    My experience with the 54a would be that it takes over an hour! Don't think the 49 goes to jobstown tough..

One departure on the 49 starts at Jobstown at 06:15.

It should be in the city centre by about 07:05.

The following bus at 06:40 from The Square is due in town at about 07:30.

The first 54a at 06:45 is estimated to take 50 minutes, but the following one at 07:15 is estimated to take 1 hour 15 minutes.

(Estimates are from the journey planner).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Im back on the 54A today.
    Left Dublin at 10.30 in kiltipper at 11.15
    45 mins

Advertisement