Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

born april 1964 seeking birth mother

Options
  • 13-05-2016 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am new here.

Two years back when my "mother" was dieing she told me I was adopted. This came as a complete shock to me as I never knew or suspected. I was brought up by loving parents. After her passing and with time I have decided to try and trace my birth mother. I know she also may be dead but there could be siblings alive.

What I know:
    - I was born I believe on 13/04/1964 in the South of Ireland, more than likely Dublin.
    - my birth mother was from Northern Ireland and unmarried.
    - my birth mother was protestant and more than likely Presbyterian.

apart from above I know no more.

If above rings any bells can you please contact me or pass on to those you may know who were from NI and knew someone who gave birth in the South in April 1964, being unmarried and protestant.

Many thanks in anticipation,

Kind regards
    Emily

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi Emily.
    Do you know which agency was used in your adoption. I would advise you contact AAI and ask them, then send a letter asking for non id information on yourself and bmum.

Advertisement