Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...Star Wars!

Options
  • 13-05-2016 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭

Malin Head. Mad. I might take a run up over the weekend but I don't think I'll get close due to the road closures/security :cool:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any chance the security will be done by stormtroopers?

They're terrible shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Any chance the security will be done by stormtroopers?

They're terrible shots.

:D

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,627 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

There's a fantastic buzz up around the head, but if you are planning to travel any distance I wouldn't bother. Security is ultra tight and there is next to zero chance of seeing anything or anyone.

But if you accept that and simply want to be around the area, there's never been a better time to come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Penfailed

NIMAN wrote: »
    There's a fantastic buzz up around the head, but if you are planning to travel any distance I wouldn't bother. Security is ultra tight and there is next to zero chance of seeing anything or anyone.

But if you accept that and simply want to be around the area, there's never been a better time to come up.

Cheers for the heads up. Can you get up to Banba's Crown or is that part of the closure?

No, you can't get up that far whilst filming is happening.

I think the roads are closed 8am to 5 or 6pm.

From rumours I've heard, the actors might be in the Redcastle Hotel.

• Advertisement

Good to see that some of the actors and crew did their best to get out and about.

I think they were running late on the final day of filming (Sunday) but Hamill managed to stop off at Farrens Bar for a few minutes. I'm sure we have all seen the clips by now. And then Daisy who plays Rey, plus the director stopped off in McGrorys in Culdaff with some of the production crew for a couple of hours.

I then see Hamill spent an hour having breakfast in the Redcastle Hotel with a young fan who has cancer. Top man.

Its all great publicity for Malin Head, Inishowen and Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roblawlor

I went to Malin Head last weekend. There was a great buzz around, but we didn't manage to see much. I'm curious if anyone's heard where the cast are staying in Kerry for Ep VIII? It might shed light on which pubs would be likely to have a surprise visit!

Advertisement