Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druid's Glen Goes Into Examinership

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Record profits last year and now this. Something smells fishy. I think the resort will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

You had me worried when I saw the headline.... I just rejoined Druids Heath about a month ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MiniGolf wrote: »
    You had me worried when I saw the headline.... I just rejoined Druids Heath about a month ago..

Examinership isn't as bad as many people think. It basically means the company is protected from creditors for a period of time, usually 3 months iirc, and it's usually successful.

Strange that they invested heavily in the course with this debt hanging over the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

This only effects The Glen, not The Heath or the hotel. Different entities. .

HighLine wrote: »
    Record profits last year and now this. Something smells fishy. I think the resort will be just fine.

Those record profits were for the Hotel and were fairly modest at ~400k profit, up from 80k profit the year before. The whole resort relies on the continued support from its parent company (whose main business is construction in Nigeria) PW ltd. Can't see them not continuing to support the resort as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

PARlance wrote: »
    Examinership isn't as bad as many people think. It basically means the company is protected from creditors for a period of time, usually 3 months iirc, and it's usually successful.

Strange that they invested heavily in the course with this debt hanging over the club.

GdRxcZc.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The best Parkland course I have played in Ireland.
    In fact, love the hotel there too - one of my favorite hotels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

The best Parkland course I have played in Ireland.
    In fact, love the hotel there too - one of my favorite hotels too.

Got to agree with you there, played it last month and love the place. Hope it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Vulture fund in loan debt purchase trying to make fast buck shocker...

Looks like the vulture fund was expecting this to go another way. I don't see them making the money they thought they would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote: »
    Milkers wrote: »
    GdRxcZc.jpg

:pac:

The apology is in the post I take it :)

*The ball is in your court now for the next time they get into trouble...sits tight*

Advertisement