Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose Mourinho, the new manager of Manchester United

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Saxa salt have announced massive profits since mourinhos appointment.

See jose is good all round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Cone on Fred, if you read about a regular Joe Soap pulling the stuff Jose has you'd think he was pond life.

You didn't want him a few months ago. Firmly in the No camp was the phrase iirc. To turn full circle isn't very credible.

Why don't you think it is credible for your attitudes to be malleable depending on whether they are at your club or not?
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Sexist now to add to cowardly.

Top manager but let's face it as a human he's bottom of the barrell.

Where would he rank on the worst person of all time do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why is that important to you, do you think?

Because I find how us humans are biased in many ways intriguing.

Plus it would be fun to find out. Me? I wanted Jose at Liverpool up to about 2010 or so.

Like a hell of a lot of people though the charm he had had worn off since. The reaction to his sacking from Chelsea, including many United fans I'm sure, tells a lot.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

K-9 wrote: »
    Would be interesting to see how many changed their view since he became the manager.

I fully expect him to embarrass us at some point, but such is life; he's what we need. Surely every club has had managers or players who have done things the fans have been unhappy with - it doesn't mean you want them out the door right there and then.

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

jose short term solution

will he win the pl next season?, my money is on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I fully expect him to embarrass us at some point, but such is life; he's what we need. Surely every club has had managers or players who have done things the fans have been unhappy with - it doesn't mean you want them out the door right there and then.

They don't even have to have done anything. Is there a Liverpool fan on the planet that would have said yes if you offered them Brendan Rodgers 6 months before he was appointed? Probably not but he had the majority of their support when he started and even more when he had them challenging for a title. That's why it's called support. It's just what you do... until it goes pear shaped obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Saxa salt have announced massive profits since mourinhos appointment.

See jose is good all round

But it's coming from salt mines in the 3rd world where child labour is used and the conditions are akin to slavery.

So you can add child slavery to his list of crimes against humanity.

Oh my god he's so evil. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Because I find how us humans are biased in many ways intriguing.

Plus it would be fun to find out. Me? I wanted Jose at Liverpool up to about 2010 or so.

Like a hell of a lot of people though the charm he had had worn off since. The reaction to his sacking from Chelsea, including many United fans I'm sure, tells a lot.

What does it tell would you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Twitter rumours are that the good doctor's payoff was €6.5M.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I read on twitter it was 85 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The fact of the matter is Manchester United should improve Mourinho as a human being or at least his mannerisms. Defacto he has to behave better in my opinion.

Mourinho will also improve Manchester United.

Yes he will be scrutinized and it will be over the top analysis, due to the joint hatred of him and his new club, but at the same time I do agree with you that he might step over the line a few times.

Questions are how often will he step over the line, to what extend and to what degree will it be blown out of porportion in the media and the interwebs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nalz wrote: »
    The fact of the matter is Manchester United should improve Mourinho as a human being

Undeniably

What does it tell would you say?

Eh, he isn't liked for his behaviour, this is hardly news.

As for him changing his behaviour, sure he was supposed to be all different last time at Chelsea, that went well. It's always there in a person like him, it is ingrained and instinctive.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I read on twitter it was 85 million

Daily Mail saying she got the whole of the United States and just under two thirds of China in the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Eh, he isn't liked for his behaviour, this is hardly news.

As for him changing his behaviour, sure he was supposed to be all different last time at Chelsea, that went well. It's always there in a person like him, it is ingrained and instinctive.

Suarez has pretty much being a school boy since joining Barca, hasn't he?

Proof positive that someone can change their ways if in a job they have wanted is at stake.

I'm not saying that Jose won't get up to any shenanigans at United but saying someone cannot change their ways due to past behavior is pretty short sighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Proof positive that someone can change their ways if in a job they have wanted is at stake.

I'm not saying that Jose won't get up to any shenanigans at United but saying someone cannot change their ways due to past behavior is pretty short sighted.

Suarez has been flinging elbows and kicks left, right and centre. Not the best example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

CSF wrote: »
    Suarez has been flinging elbows and kicks left, right and centre. Not the best example.

Hasn't bitten anyone or handballed on the line in a while though! His behaviour has improved.

Ander Herrera, there's an example. Wasn't he a hot head with loads of red cards before joining Man Utd?

Suarez had a couple of incidents didn't he?

I think with Jose at his age and with his attitude and dna it'll come out eventually.

Talk of him taking a break solving it is pointless if he doesn't see what got him knocked by Barca and United originally.

Like really what has changed in the last 3 years with him? Nothing really, still the same shyte. You'd think losing out on a career goal like United would have copped him on 3 years ago.

Nice payoff.

That incident was the catalyst to his downfall at Chelsea. I'd imagine it's a big regret

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

CSF wrote: »

A number of footballers do the same tbf, its part of the game, I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about the other incidents, the biting being at the forefront.

Obviously different to Joses antics but I cannot think of anyone else comparable. The point I was making was that LS has not been involved in anything anywhere close to the biting incidents or Evra incident since he went to Barca, at least not that I'm aware of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

A number of footballers do the same tbf, its part of the game, I thought it was pretty clear I was talking about the other incidents, the biting being at the forefront.

Obviously different to Joses antics but I cannot think of anyone else comparable. The point I was making was that LS has not been involved in anything anywhere close to the biting incidents or Evra incident since he went to Barca, at least not that I'm aware of.
    Ok he hasn't bitten anyone, I'll give you that, but he is still matched only by Costa when it comes to his violent behaviour on the pitch. He can't control his temper and that hasn't improved.

Suarez hasn't been seen to use any racist terms towards other players either since the Evra incident. That's another improvement more associated with him as a person than as a player.

No reason to say Jose can't improve even if the above as an example is extreme.

Yeah, but it took 3 bites of the cherry to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Mourinho's a winner, that's all that matters to him. I'D guess that if he thought throwing another few doctors under the bus would give his side an advantage, he'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Nalz wrote: »
    Hasn't bitten anyone or handballed on the line in a while though! His behaviour has improved.

Ander Herrera, there's an example. Wasn't he a hot head with loads of red cards before joining Man Utd?

Well that's because he's still happy at Barcelona for now :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement