Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose Mourinho, the new manager of Manchester United

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

You know, i'd laugh if...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

I'd like to wish Man U all the best in their search for a new manager this time next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's going to end in tears. Could absolutely seeing them winning the League under Jose though.

Absolutely spot on. You know what you're getting with Mourinho; loads of unsavoury incidents until his eventual acrimonious exit 3/4 years later. But the trade off is league success every 2 years of his managerial career and the club usually left in a decent enough state player wise for the next manager.

You include whatever you like kid. I couldn't give a flying fanny what you have to say on anything.

Haha, truer words never spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

You include whatever you like kid. I couldn't give a flying fanny what you have to say on anything.

Oh right, very good, selective memory it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

14jrci.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I voted Yes :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Oh right, very good, selective memory it is!

But you've decided to focus on his lesser seasons as manager rather than all the great success he's had.

Surely that's having a selective memory as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Bit harsh on LVG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mansize wrote: »
    Bit harsh on LVG

Is it really?

I'd be reasonably disappointed in my 2 years in charge of Utd with his record and money spent, and I've never managed a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Is it really?

I'd be reasonably disappointed in my 2 years in charge of Utd with his record and money spent, and I've never managed a team.

Success doesn't happen overnight. Who will be given a chance to rebuild?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Is it really?

Bit heartless not to hold the leak until tomorrow, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A club like United and a man like Jose are a perfect fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish I could thank this a million times

Where did it go wrong for LVG? He was a decent manager before he went to Utd.

Was it all down to him or some players brought in too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Taxi for Mata! Wonder where he will end up now.

:pac::D

Clinging on to straws, it's so hilarious

Please continue

Me personally, he's not my preferred choice but change is needed
    LVG hasn't delivered enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Why are you replying to him so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ridiculous decision. United win the cup - then sack the manager. It really does demonstrate the culture that is now ingrained in the club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

keith16 wrote: »
    Why are you replying to him so?

I didn't answer him. Just letting him know the situation. Hopefully he takes the hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Where did it go wrong for LVG? He was a decent manager before he went to Utd.

Was it all down to him or some players brought in too?

The 5-3 game against Leicester, a couple of weeks into the job. I think that convinced him to take less risks and it just spiraled downwards from there.

I think he learned something at Utd. You might get away with playing adventurous football and losing or playing dull football and winning but can't get away with playing dull football and not winning.

Ridiculous decision. United win the cup - then sack the manager. It really does demonstrate the culture that is now ingrained in the club.

Yes everybody, the board, the fans, the shareholders they are all an awful bunch :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

3.5/10

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

It's like you woke up this morning after a two year sleep.

3.5/10

I expected the match thread to be gold but this is turning out to be the better thread :pac:
    That reminds me, I need more lemon slices for my beers :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

So the yes votes , which were in the minority three hours ago are now ahead.

Oh boards you sneaky funny place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

To be fair to United, didn't Chelsea give the boot to Di Matteo after he won the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

We don't even bother playing the cup some years lad. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

So you don't think it shows just a tiny little lack of class that the manager is axed just after United win their first trophy since Fergie departed?

• Advertisement

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    To be fair to United, didn't Chelsea give the boot to Di Matteo after he won the Champions League.

Not often I agree with you
    Good point
    The board are making a move that needs to be made finally. LVG hasn't done enough with the resources available to him.
    I actually think they gave him more time than he should of had. As much as I respect the man LVG should have been sacked at Xmas

I didn't answer him. Just letting him know the situation. Hopefully he takes the hint.

Strange how little your care what I say yet you are one of my most feverish followers who is always wherever I am posting, the opportunity to reply to me was something that delighted you.

Anyway, more importantly, we'll see how this appointment goes, in my opinion more and more Mourinho looks like a coach of the past.

So you don't think it shows just a tiny little lack of class that the manager is axed just after United win their first trophy since Fergie departed?

Have the club officially announced it yet?

Strange how little your care what I say yet you are one of my most feverish followers who is always wherever I am posting, the opportunity to reply to me was something that delighted you.

Anyway, more importantly, we'll see how this appointment goes, in my opinion more and more Mourinho looks like a coach of the past.

I can count on one Simpsons hand the number of exchanges I've had with you. A few weeks ago and today are the first in a long time. You're talking out your arse.

You've had enough of my time now so... bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

adox wrote: »
    So the yes votes , which were in the minority three hours ago are now ahead.

Oh boards you sneaky funny place.

It happens with every sporting based poll it seems. The influx of Nate Diaz votes in the Diaz vs. Conor thread was legendary. Even today, in the Giro D'Italia stage, numerous votes were cast for the winner after the race ended. Whatever gets people through their day I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

There are some clubs out there that over the last 26 years have hung on to managers out of sentimentality and I'm glad Utd seem to have learned from their mistakes. :)

I can count on one Simpsons hand the number of exchanges I've had with you. A few weeks ago and today are the first in a long time. You're talking out your arse.

You've had enough of my time now so... bye.

And yet anyone posts any kind of comment disagreeing with me or with any anti Anderson sentiment at all I can always count on you to be one of the people to thank it. So no, good sir, I'm done with you.

Liverpool axed a manager barely a year after taking them to their closest attempt at a title in quarter of a century. Tis the nature of the beast these days.

I find that taking moral stances when you're a fan of a big club invariably comes back to make you look foolish.

I'd be very surprised if van Gaal wasn't aware he was done after today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I think its a great appointment for united, they need some one to put them back on the map short term and Jose is the man for that. Next year the prem is going to be mad with all the big name managers, Id say he will be having a lot of verbal battles, wouldnt mess with conte or the new watford manager though, they look like complete head the balls.

I think its a great appointment for united, they need someonengo put them back on the map short term and Jose is the man for that. Next year the prem is going to be mad with all the big name managers, Id say he will be having a lot of verbal battles, wouldnt mess with conte or the new watford manager though, they look like complete head the balls.

Which are completely meaningless and merely something created by the media as filler for their coverage.

Which are completely meaningless and merely something created by the media as filler for their coverage.[/quotI

I wouldnt say its meaningless, Jose uses it as a tactic to put the media attention on him and take the pressure off his players.

Which are completely meaningless and merely something created by the media as filler for their coverage.

I wouldnt say its meaningless, Jose uses it as a tactic to put the media attention on him and take the pressure off his players.

Which are completely meaningless and merely something created by the media as filler for their coverage.[/quotI

The players can simply ignore the media coverage, I'd imagine most of them don't give a toss about the media. Mourihnio seems to enjoy the attention for the sake of it partly as he never had it as a player and wants to be the star of the show now.

Kevin Keegan losing his temper has lead to 20 years of bull about mind games between managers.

Thats just my opinion on it though I could be totally wrong.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If nothing else, this is going to make next season a spectacle for all supporters. All of the so-called best managers in the world (except Ancelotti!) now pitted against each other with similar resources...

Could be a total shishow with the managers and their egos taking away from the football or it could be one of the best seasons of football we've had in some time.

I'm excited by the changes as a football fan. I'm so-so about José going to utd as a Chelsea fan. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that's the youth policy out the window! and Mata presumably. PSG would suit him.

Must say it was good of Team Mo to wait an hour or two before making it known for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

How this appointment sits easy with United fans is beyond me

It doesn't with a good few going by previous opinions. Football fans in general are fickle so if he starts winning he'll be liked

I know right. Should have brought Hitler back from the dead and let him have a go. Would have sit easier.

An example of someone who was firmly in the No camp a few months ago!

• Advertisement
Advertisement