Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone repair shop in the city

Options
  • 14-05-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

So i have a Nexus 5 with a broken screen. It survived being dunked in water twice and 30+ drops from height, but the last drop from my kid killed the screen and digitiser. Notification sounds are still audible, so the phone itself is still working.

Is there a recommendable repair shop somewhere in or around the city where i can have the screen replaced? Preferably one that uses legit parts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

murfilein wrote: »
    So i have a Nexus 5 with a broken screen. It survived being dunked in water twice and 30+ drops from height, but the last drop from my kid killed the screen and digitiser. Notification sounds are still audible, so the phone itself is still working.

Is there a recommendable repair shop somewhere in or around the city where i can have the screen replaced? Preferably one that uses legit parts.

I saw a recommendation for the guy above the art gallery on Grand Parade.
    I know someone who has used iElectron on Princes street a few times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You can get a brand new Nexus 5X for 222 over on Bargain Alerts...

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

mordeith wrote: »
    I saw a recommendation for the guy above the art gallery on Grand Parade.
    I know someone who has used iElectron on Princes street a few times as well.

Thanks, I'll try them!
    Fieldog wrote: »
    You can get a brand new Nexus 5X for 222 over on Bargain Alerts...
    I don't want a new device. My daughter is going to play with it too, so chances are high that it'll break again. So either a repair if it's cheap enough or a used phone from cex or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

murfilein wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try them!

I don't want a new device. My daughter is going to play with it too, so chances are high that it'll break again. So either a repair if it's cheap enough or a used phone from cex or so.

If the screen itself is broker (i.e. not showing anything at all) it may not be worth the repair given the price linked in the post above

Advertisement