Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Domain Renewal Period

• 14-05-2016 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a domain through Blacknight and chose a 2 year subscription from the drop down box instead of the one year initially listed in the drop down box. I have my account set to auto renew.

Will my domain auto renew at point of expiration & if yes, will it renew for one or two years, or is it just my hosting account that will auto renew & I will have to manually renew my domain(s)?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you got a domain for two years it should auto-renew for two years as well. It can be switched to other subscription periods if you want.

If you need to discuss any questions you may have around billing please contact billing @ blacknight.com

Michele

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Thanks Michele, I just wanted to confirm that both the domain & hosting account will auto renew when due.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

They *should* do, but keep an eye out for renewal notice emails etc.,
    If, for example, the card expires we won't be able to bill you :)

Advertisement