Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000's of kids making their communion today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just out of interest Kenny Benny. If you had kids or some of your familyreally got involved in the Catholic church and it gave them great comfort and support and pleasure in there lives.
    Would you disown them and not speak to them again?

See 6 posts up. You used a "meat shop" analogy - but I can't use a TV show?

And I didn't compare it with a TV show by the way - I used a person as an analogy - a person who committed similar crimes but also had lots of fans - so quite a solid analogy compared to your vegetarian one.

I believe that a lot of people in the BBC knew exactly what was going on with Jimmy Saville & other TV personalities that abused children.
    It was an unsaid secret if you like.

So, by your reckoning anyone who watches BBC TV is condoning child abuse and rape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

See 6 posts up. You used a "meat shop" analogy - but I can't use a TV show?

And I didn't compare it with a TV show by the way - I used a person as an analogy - a person who committed similar crimes but also had lots of fans - so quite a solid analogy compared to your vegetarian one.

SHUT DOWN THE BBC!!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

Just out of interest Kenny Benny. If you had kids or some of your familyreally got involved in the Catholic church and it gave them great comfort and support and pleasure in there lives.
    Would you disown them and not speak to them again?

No, but I'd question their moral compass & think of them as gullible imbeciles. Especially in the age we live in today, with so much information readily available.

Exactly - which is why I choose to live it, and not waste it on believing in fairytales & going to mass & praying to an imaginary friend.

You believe it's a fairly take.
    You believe you are right.
    That does not make you right Kenny, can you understand that?

As I've said I don't believe myself, but I'm not going around telling people what they should believe or putting them down because of their beliefs.
    What makes you think you are better than others ?

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »

Because I don't blindly believe in far-fetched tales that has no evidence to support it - and in fact, all evidence suggests it's wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

You believe you are right.
    That does not make you right Kenny, can you understand that?

As I've said I don't believe myself, but I'm not going around telling people what they should believe or putting them down because of their beliefs.

Atheists aren't telling people to believe in anything though so you're wrong in that way. "New atheism" is more about skepticism and not believing in whatever the Pope or anyone else tells you unless they can back it up with empirical evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Exactly - which is why I choose to live it, and not waste it on believing in fairytales & going to mass & praying to an imaginary friend.

So why do you feel the need to scrutinize people who want to 'waste life on believing in fairy tales & going to mass & praying to an imaginary friend'? If that's what gets them through the daily struggles, let them be!

Take care mate and don't take life too seriously, You'll end up bitter :)

No, but I'd question their moral compass & think of them as gullible imbeciles. Especially in the age we live in today, with so much information readily available.

Well there's no such thing as thought crime Kenny, but would you accuse them to their faces of being cool with child abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

To be honest if I knew somebody had that opinion of me because of my beliefs I'd prefer of they cut me off and had nothing to do with me!

• Advertisement

Atheists aren't telling people to believe in anything though so you're wrong in that way. "New atheism" is more about skepticism and not believing in whatever the Pope or anyone else tells you unless they can back it up with empirical evidence.

But Kenny is.
    He believes he is better than people who believe. & He has insulted them many many times on this thread

mackeire wrote: »
    So why do you feel the need to scrutinize people who want to 'waste life on believing in fairy tales & going to mass & praying to an imaginary friend'? If that's what gets them through the daily struggles, let them be!

Take care mate and don't take life too seriously, You'll end up bitter :)

This is the A&A forum, mate - I didn't post this on the Christianity forum. I was looking for a discussion with like-minded people. I didn't anticipate that ignorant religious people troll here looking for arguments.

But Kenny is. [telling people what to think]
    I never told anyone what to think. I questioned their beliefs. You can't discern between those 2?

He believes he is better than people who believe.

I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

This is the A&A forum, mate - I didn't post this on the Christianity forum. I was looking for a discussion with like-minded people. I didn't anticipate that ignorant religious people troll here looking for arguments.

But you didn't get too many like minded people judging by the responses in the first page (from atheists). Nobody likes a fanatic.

I think you understood what bubblypop meant. What Kenny is at btw isn't New Atheism, it's just ignorant minded slandering. I think Kenny is actually intelligent enough to know he wasn't going to have anyone question their affiliation with the RCC here, he just wanted to mouth off, and has yet to back up any claims he's made with empirical evidence rather than arguments from emotion.

ignorant religious people troll here looking for arguments.

Who are they then?
    Tbh, you seem like the only troll here looking for arguments

Where's your answer to my question Kenny?

Do people who watch BBC TV condone child abuse & rape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Kenny I'm not sure if this is a personal issue for you or not hence I'm trying to be mindful of your motives. I think everyone else is right, don't let this anger and bitterness destroy you, they aren't worth it. Use your passion in a more positive way to help survivors, it's the best two fingers you can give to those involved in abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

lol - that old chestnut? Really?

Firstly, the onus is on the person making the wild claims to provide proof for them. And secondly - if you want to apply your logic - how about you first disprove the other 2000 Gods in the world, then I'll disprove your one last.

Actually. It is atheists who make wild nonsense claims, i.e. life originated from nothing, infinite multiple universes that originated from nothing.
    Since Theism predates atheism and you are claiming that God does not exist the onus is on you, the one making irrational claims to come forward with proof.;

I am a monotheist and I believe that most world religions are monotheist in origin despite the fact that many of their followers follow practices to the contrary.

I am here to debate atheists and their ridiculous claims. Non need for me to debate a polytheist first.

It's not a religious practice - it's civil. At least gets your facts straight before you try & enter a debate.

How many times do I have to say that marriage originated from religion? I agree that nowadays it is civil in a legal sense with either a civil or religious ceremony. Don't set up straw man arguments.

Actually. It is atheists who make wild nonsense claims, i.e. life originated from nothing, infinite multiple universes that originated from nothing.
    Since Theism predates atheism and you are claiming that God does not exist the onus is on you, the one making irrational claims to come forward with proof.;

I am a monotheist and I believe that most world religions are monotheist in origin despite the fact that many of their followers follow practices to the contrary.

I am here to debate atheists and their ridiculous claims. Non need for me to debate a polytheist first.

How many times do I have to say that marriage originated from religion? I agree that nowadays it is civil in a legal sense with either a civil or religious ceremony. Don't set up straw man arguments.

Oh dear - I'm actually embarrassed for you.

My 5 year old literally understands the universe better than you. Theism predates atheism? Maybe the words do, but...:

There are three states, in this chronological order:
    1. Pre-theism - no god has yet been proposed.
    2. Theism - a person claims knowledge of the supernatural beyond the visible world and the implications of same, for humans.
    3. Atheism - someone hears, then rejects those claims

I don't think there's a rolleyes big enough for you... Next you'll be asking me why there are still monkeys if we evolved from monkeys, thus proving you don't even understand what the theory of evolution states, let alone understand it. Maybe you'll even ask about a missing link...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Are people just not aware that the Catholic Church molested 10's of 1000's of kids around the world and covered it up, or do they just not care?

Why are people cool with kids being molested, especially being parents themselves? And I believe they must be "cool" with it, otherwise why would they voluntarily choose to associate with this very same organisation.

And not only that, a few weeks before their communion, they send their kid into a box with a dirty old man who asks them about all the naught things they've been getting up to lately!! aka 'first confession'. They're 8 - they have nothing to confess to you, ya big weirdo FFS!

Am I the one that's crazy here? Is it okay to molest thousands of kids? People seem cool with it.

You seem to forget that the Irish State also facilitied it...and ignored it and allowed it to continue...

So seeing as Ireland facilitied it, are you going to stop being Irish?

Theres a difference between having faith and defending the organisation....you seem to think they are intertwined...they aren't

I guess if a few drivers knocked down a person....You'd blame the cars right?? Oh and you'd probably stop driving too?? Seems about right given what you've stated

Who are they then?
    Tbh, you seem like the only troll here looking for arguments

if I was a troll I would have posted this in the christianity forum - but I didn't. Why are there christians here looking for arguments? That's what I'm wondering. Because they're not looking for facts - the facts are out there. They have no reason to be in this forum except to argue & troll.

pone2012 wrote: »
    I guess if a few drivers knocked down a person....You'd blame the cars right?? Oh and you'd probably stop driving too?? Seems about right given what you've stated

You're sh*t at analogies.

Here's what you should have said:

How about if there was a group of drivers (or a "club") who's sole purpose was to knock down people: would I admire & support that group of drivers? Absolutely not.

Oh dear - I'm actually embarrassed for you.

My 5 year old literally understands the universe better than you. Theism predates atheism? Maybe the words do, but...:

There are three states, in this chronological order:
    1. Pre-theism - no god has yet been proposed.
    2. Theism - a person claims knowledge of the supernatural beyond the visible world and the implications of same, for humans.
    3. Atheism - someone hears, then rejects those claims

I don't think there's a rolleyes big enough for you... Next you'll be asking me why there are still monkeys if we evolved from monkeys, thus proving you don't even understand what the theory of evolution states, let alone understand it. Maybe you'll even ask about a missing link...

You're embarrass yourself mate with your empty ridicule filled rhetoric.

Leave all the monkey talk for now. I don't use that arguments btw.

Explain to me what caused:
    1) the big bang.
    2) origin of life.

Don't monkey around and embarrass yourself by telling me that 1 came from nothing and 2, from primordial soup...lol

You're embarrass yourself mate with your empty ridicule filled rhetoric.

Leave all the monkey talk for now. I don't use that arguments btw.

Explain to me what caused:
    1) the big bang.
    2) origin of life.

Don't monkey around and embarrass yourself by telling me that 1 came from nothing and 2, from primordial soup...lol

1, came from nothing (as far as we know - but it's more than you know)
    2, from primordial soup (as far as we know - but it's more than you know)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Here's what you should have said:

How about if there was a group of drivers (or a "club") who's sole purpose was to knock down people: would I admire & support that group of drivers? Absolutely not.

Unfortunately you're wrong my friend :)

You are blaming the faith...

First thing... The people did it

People = Drivers

The organisation facilitied it

Organisation = car

The faith was not responsible...

The act of driving = faith

The analogy makes perfect sense... You just won't admit you're wrong

Shall I explain it futher? Given your hate filled paper thin arguments I can see how you wouldn't get that.. But thats ok I've got time :)

Oh and you didn't answer my question about being Irish, have you renounced your nationality yet?

What about the BBC facilitating & protecting people they knew to be abusers?
    Is everyone that watches the BBC now condoning that abuse?

Or does answering that ruin your own theory?

1, came from nothing (as far as we know - but it's more than you know)
    2, from primordial soup (as far as we know - but it's more than you know)

What a load of tripe. Go educate yourself on neo atheist scientist arguments re: the above before you engage me again.

I'll give you some tips.

Modern neo atheist arguments.
    1)Nothing - Lawrence Kraus.
    2) p̶r̶i̶m̶o̶r̶d̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶p̶ "Don't know but we are working on it " - Richard Dawkins

Another fact that stupifies godless scientists is the finely tuned universe. Their unscientific theory is that the are infinite universes aka multiverse and that ours became finely tuned due to chance. (This of course is unscientific and irrational and has been refuted.)

What a load of tripe. Go educate yourself on neo atheist scientist arguments re: the above before you engage me again.

I'll give you some tips.

2) p̶r̶i̶m̶o̶r̶d̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶p̶ "Don't know but we are working on it " - Richard Dawkins

Another fact that stupifies godless scientists is the finely tuned universe. Their unscientific theory is that the are infinite universes aka multiverse and that ours became finely tuned due to chance. (This of course is unscientific and irrational and has been refuted.)

Ignorance must be bliss, because you seem content wallowing in it.

Why are you here again?

I'm not going to debate with you, because facts are not debatable. You're a fact-denier - nothing more. Move along - back to your church.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

I'll give you some tips.

Didn't know we had a Ken Ham here in Ireland that wasn't a Healy Rae. :rolleyes:

I highly suggest you first check the creationist claim database before suggesting an argument that actually "stupifies" atheists:

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CI/CI301.html

Also Krauss's theory is not simply "nothing" because as a physicist that nothing is actually something. You might first want to understand his idea before hand though the best thing about science is neither Krauss or Dawkins are authoritarian voices. The whole point is you bring your evidence to the table and then we fact check it. What evidence have you got for a creator because you must have something if you think these scientists are wrong. Bring it to the table and we can fact check it like any other theory. The problem I have with creationists is they come up with this idea that they are right but are afraid to give evidence that apparently can stand up against scientific scrutiny. Show us your evidence and you might just win a Noble Prize and dare I say it, change the world.

Advertisement