Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000's of kids making their communion today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

So now you are saying if someone said they were with the KKK, that would be meaningless to you?
    So if someone said they support Liverpool FC, you couldn't hazard a guess at what football team they follow?
    If you had to choose between a dentist with their degree on the wall and someone down a back alley with a hammer and chisel, then you would just have to suffer with your toothache?
    Because, you know, affiliations or lack thereof are meaningless.
    Come off of it.

No, you come off it and quit moving the goalposts. You can either take what I said and apply it in the context I said it, or you can go through a whole list of affiliations if you like, but I have no interest in going down that never ending rabbit hole.

Then what did you mean when you said:
    "If their morals and integrity are more important to a person than showing compassion, kindness and caring to another human being, then how are they any different to the people whom they despise?"

It's a question. How can you claim to be any different from someone whom you claim is incapable of showing compassion, kindness and caring to another human being if your own morals and integrity prevent you from showing compassion, kindness and caring to another person on the basis of your disagreement with their religious affiliation?

Surely you would show them compassion, kindness and caring regardless of their religious affiliation? Otherwise, you're no different to them.

eviltwin wrote: »
    I think his argument is society has moved on, government doesn't wilfully hide and protect abusers anymore. The church on the other hand.....

Not for the lack of trying anyway. The State certainly put Louise O' Keefe through the ringer to protect her abuser and cover their own asses. That's not forgetting Edna's crocodile tears "apology" for the States part in covering up abuse, and they're still covering up abuse every day of the week while ignoring the HSE's utter incompetence, until yet another report comes out detailing the abuse and dismal treatment of children in State "care".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Kenny Bania

The sole purpose of the RCC is to molest little boys. The rest is just a cover-story - all the jesus & god stuff. They even admit it here:
    https://youtu.be/VABSoHYQr6k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

How far are you going to push this feeble attempt at an analogy? The government facilitated it, so I should stop being Irish? And didn't some Gardai also turn a blind eye? So maybe I should boycott calling the Gardai if I'm ever in trouble. Maybe I'll refuse to pay taxes so I'm not supporting the government that facilitated it. Didn't the RCC abuse kids all over the world?? Maybe I should leave the planet!

All you seem to be doing with this pathetic analogy is trying to spread out & deflect the blame from the actual perpetrators.

You cannot blame ONLY one entity for what happened...a look into the facts will show that..

But you seem hellbent on condemning anyone and anything that supports or is affiliated either formally or informally ...a very unfair judgement

People complain about the discrimination of the RCC...yet how is your stance any better?? You complain they tell others how to live their lives..yet here you are slating anyone who doesnt fall into your category of how they should and shouldn't behave..

pone2012 wrote: »
    People complain about the discrimination of the RCC...yet how is your stance any better?? You complain they tell others how to live their lives..yet here you are slating anyone who doesnt fall into your category of how they should and shouldn't behave..

Do you know the difference between telling & slating? It's significant. I'm not telling anyone what to do or how to live - I'm criticising certain choices; that's all. I never told anyone to "STOP! Do as I say!" That's the church. I just asked a question. I criticised people showing an allegiance to a criminal organisation & paedophile ring.

• Advertisement

The sole purpose of the RCC is to molest little boys. The rest is just a cover-story - all the jesus & god stuff. They even admit it here:
    https://youtu.be/VABSoHYQr6k

Good man Kenny :rolleyes:

Don't pretend you didn't laugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Do you know the difference between telling & slating? It's significant. I'm not telling anyone what to do or how to live - I'm criticising certain choices; that's all. I never told anyone to "STOP! Do as I say!" That's the church. I just asked a question. I criticised people showing an allegiance to a criminal organisation & paedophile ring.

Are you for real? You're more narrow minded than me. And I'm eye of a needle narrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

No, you come off it and quit moving the goalposts. You can either take what I said and apply it in the context I said it, or you can go through a whole list of affiliations if you like, but I have no interest in going down that never ending rabbit hole.

You are the one who made the ridiculous claim that someones "affiliations or lack thereof are simply meaningless to me either way", so you are the one now moving the goalposts (seemingly to imply that it's only religious or ideological affiliations that are meaningless, not sports team affiliations).
    Is "affiliation" another word that religious people are going to try to claim doesn't mean what it means if used in relation to religion?
    It's a question. How can you claim to be any different from someone whom you claim is incapable of showing compassion, kindness and caring to another human being if your own morals and integrity prevent you from showing compassion, kindness and caring to another person on the basis of your disagreement with their religious affiliation?

Surely you would show them compassion, kindness and caring regardless of their religious affiliation? Otherwise, you're no different to them.

Who said they were incapable of showing kindness, compassion and caring to people because of those peoples religious affiliation?
    Since when are kindness, compassion and caring absolutes, that you must give to all and any regardless of their deserving of them? Not giving kindness, compassion and caring to someone because you don't see them as deserving of them, is not the same as someone who incapable of or chooses not to give kindness, compassion and caring.

Are you for real? You're more narrow minded than me. And I'm eye of a needle narrow.

Correct me where I'm wrong, rather than just dismiss my post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

I particularly liked the story of how Bibles are made. How it's made need to do an episode on this fascinating process.

Don't pretend you didn't laugh.

No Kenny, I didn't laugh. I don't find child sexual abuse funny, but then I knew from the beginning of your thread you didn't care about the issue all that much either, it was just a convenience for you to use to appear edgy and cool in front of an audience.

I don't find child sexual abuse funny

You still show up every week to support the club though, don't you?
    I knew from the beginning of your thread you didn't care about the issue all that much either, it was just a convenience for you to use to appear edgy and cool in front of an audience.
    I posted a funny video - don't try to imply it has more gravitas than it does. Stop grasping. "You cracked a joke - you must have been joking all along!".

Wait actually - by your logic - since I cracked a joke, and I'm a man, and you are also a man, therefore you cracked a joke too - so we're in the same boat now.

You are the one who made the ridiculous claim that someones "affiliations or lack thereof are simply meaningless to me either way", so you are the one now moving the goalposts (seemingly to imply that it's only religious or ideological affiliations that are meaningless, not sports team affiliations).
    Is "affiliation" another word that religious people are going to try to claim doesn't mean what it means if used in relation to religion?

Who said they were incapable of showing kindness, compassion and caring to people because of those peoples religious affiliation?
    Since when are kindness, compassion and caring absolutes, that you must give to all and any regardless of their deserving of them? Not giving kindness, compassion and caring to someone because you don't see them as deserving of them, is not the same as someone who incapable of or chooses not to give kindness, compassion and caring.

Whatever you think yourself Mark. You really don't strike me as all that interested in the discussion anyway tbh.

You still show up every week to support the club though, don't you?

I posted a funny video - don't try to imply it has more gravitas than it does. Stop grasping. "You cracked a joke - you must have been joking all along!".

Wait actually - by your logic - since I cracked a joke, and I'm a man, and you are also a man, therefore you cracked a joke too - so we're in the same boat now.

Really, really trying hard, aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Whatever you think yourself Mark. You really don't strike me as all that interested in the discussion anyway tbh.

You seem to now want to start assuming things of people and yet you've spent most of the thread wanting people not to assume things. I don't get this honestly. Sure say you don't like the video and stuff like that but you have basically made assumptions about people now which is exactly what you thought people like Kenny were doing.

Really, really trying hard, aren't you?

So you don't show up every week to support the club? I thought you said you did - my mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Billy summed it up best for me...

Am I the one that's crazy here? Is it okay to molest thousands of kids? People seem cool with it.
    If they don't believe in the organisation - why are they attending that very organisation today and making their kid a full-fledged member? The same organisation that molested kids just like theirs.
    How is it ill informed? It's facts. I stated them above. Correct me where my facts are incorrect. If parents are okay with their kids being associated with an organisation that committed these crimes, then there's something wrong with their heads. The catholic church is an organisation. We're talking about the organisation here.

Why are you arguing against something I never even said?

This is the PR Pope at it again:
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article77919292.html

Why people are okay with all this still baffles me. Their leader is a defender of paedos; and catholics still flock to church like obedient little sheep without batting an eyelid.

You paedo-sympathisers are so sad & transparent. The evidence is right in front of you, yet you still find an angle to deny it.

You all seem to find the most bizarre ways to justify yourselves being okay with it, and directly supporting it by putting money in the collection plates - that probably paid for a last-minute Ryanair flight to get Fr. Touchy McFeely out of Clane parish over to a sauna in the Vatican before the cops arrived.
    But they don't just follow their religion - they voluntarily follow & associate with the organisation too. They attend the organisation when they go to mass or rituals. They give money to the organisation. They identify as part of that organisation, whether it be on the census or similar.
    lol - it's what jesus would have wanted. Such a racket.... Glad I don't buy into it like a gullible sucker.
    So sad to see a brainwashed apologist in action. Embarrassed for you.
    Believing in a 2000 year old book filled with nonsense is really gullible & an insult to anyone's intellect - especially as it contradicts everything we know about physics, how the world works, and what we as people experience about the world in our own lifetimes.

It's just unfortunate he doesn't realise that, passes his ignorance onto his kids, and thus the cycle continues. Ignorance perpetuates ignorance - that's how religion works. Get them while they're young & have the people they look up to most (their parents) indoctrinate them during their formative years, so it's harder to shake. A lot of us do shake it off when we reach our teens and start exercising common sense & logic - but some of us are too weak to.
    She shows support for an organisation that partook in systematic child abuse. If she's cool with that fact, then that's her issue. I don't think it's okay though.

Yes it is. It shows that they'll still blindly support an organisation, no matter how evil the crimes committed by said organisation. It's disgusting; showing that sort of indifference to child abuse.

Yes it does. It shows that an organisation can commit pure evil crimes, try to cover them up on a global level, and hinder investigations - but people will still show full support for the organisation that committed these crimes. It baffles me that they do - but it's true - we see delusional gombeens coming out of churches every week with big dopey smiles on their faces as if it's all just hunky dory. Sticking their head in the sand.

2 questions:
    1) Did the church commit the crimes I said they did?
    2) Are people still going to mass & supporting the church, even after said crimes?

Exactly. That proves my point. If people had a problem with the crimes committed by the church, they would shun the church. Yet we don't see that from these people. Surely these crimes are unforgivable, aren't they??

Just when you thought opinions were subjective, along comes a religious person to tell you you're categorically and completely wrong.

Would you still be a member of the Jimmy Savile fanclub too after all the facts came out? Sure why not? You still enjoy Jim'll Fix It - nothing wrong with that, eh? Sure it was just a few kids - kids get molested all the time by other people too, so no biggie eh?
    Exactly - which is why I choose to live it, and not waste it on believing in fairytales & going to mass & praying to an imaginary friend.
    No, but I'd question their moral compass & think of them as gullible imbeciles. Especially in the age we live in today, with so much information readily available.
    This is the A&A forum, mate - I didn't post this on the Christianity forum. I was looking for a discussion with like-minded people. I didn't anticipate that ignorant religious people troll here looking for arguments.
    I'm not going to debate with you, because facts are not debatable. You're a fact-denier - nothing more. Move along - back to your church.

Believe me..I know very well....the basis for your action is as follows...this is gathered from how you've spoken throughout the thread
    bubblypop wrote: »
    But Kenny is.
    He believes he is better than people who believe. & He has insulted them many many times on this thread

And here was your response
    I am.

Kenny, theres discrimination there whether you like to admit it or not..actually you dont even need to admit it, the quoted posts illustrate it

So while you go condemning people , take a good hard look at your own attitude... because, to me, it appears quite hypocritical

You seem to now want to start assuming things of people and yet you've spent most of the thread wanting people not to assume things. I don't get this honestly. Sure say you don't like the video and stuff like that but you have basically made assumptions about people now which is exactly what you thought people like Kenny were doing.

I'm not making any assumptions at all. It's quite clear who is, and who isn't, interested in discussing the issues with the RCC and it's influence in Irish society. Semantic dancing on the head of a pin stuff is tiresome, as is the disingenuous and disinterested efforts of the OP to actually have any real discussion.

• Advertisement

I'm not making any assumptions at all. It's quite clear who is, and who isn't, interested in discussing the issues with the RCC and it's influence in Irish society. Semantic dancing on the head of a pin stuff is tiresome, as is the disingenuous and disinterested efforts of the OP to actually have any real discussion.

You know you're free to leave, yeah? Why as a catholic, do you roam the A&A forum anyway? You don't want answers to truths - you want arguments.

You know you're free to leave, yeah? Why as a catholic, do you roam the A&A forum anyway? You don't want answers to truths - you want arguments.

He's looking for discussion I'll assume, which is what anyone here does

So...tell me how those quotes arent discriminative in nature ... You've literally said you are better than people who belive

I'm genuinely interested to see your response...I would have thought you'd be happy to debate this topic...you seem very hostile and tunnel vision on this imo anyway

So...tell me how those quotes arent discriminative in nature ...
    When did I say they weren't? Of course they are - I'm discriminating against paedo-sympathisers & apologists.

Why did you bother quoting all that stuff, only to then ask me to admit something I never denied? "Just admit it, bro - they're discriminating statements" - yeah I know they are.
    You've literally said you are better than people who belive
    Because I am. People who believe in something based on evidence, are better than those who deny evidence and believe far-fetched nonsense that has zero evidence to back it up.
    I assumed it went without saying that smart people are better than stupid people. Everyone knows that, except the stupid people. Bit of a catch 22 I guess...

Of course I know I'm free to leave, just like you're free to think what you like about other people, but what you're not free to do is accuse people of being ok with child abuse. You can't back up what you say then so you've been throwing your toys out of the pram ever since.

What's amusing for me personally is that you appear to think you're actually original. I would like the answers to truths, but you seem incapable of answering any questions that are put to you, like backing up your claims with evidence.

I like to browse the A&A forum because there are always interesting discussions going on. Unfortunately, this isn't one of them, and because you didn't get the reaction you wanted, you're trying even harder, and simply getting nowhere.

And then you wonder why people can't take you seriously...

what you're not free to do is accuse people of being ok with child abuse.
    I think you'll find I am free to do that, I did do it, and I gave my reasoning behind it numerous times.
    like backing up your claims with evidence.
    Eh, aren't you a catholic?
    And then you wonder why people can't take you seriously...
    When did I wonder that? I don't recall asking that question. Did you just make that up?

Eh, aren't you a catholic?

Ehh, how about you back up your claims with evidence since you made them in your opening post?

You're the smarter one here Kenny who uses science, critical thinking, reason and logical argument to present your claims that you made in your opening post, so I'd like to see the evidence you examined that led you to form the conclusions you came to in your opening post.

If you want anyone to take you seriously, then present the evidence you have. Otherwise I'm included to think you're presenting claims in your opening post, for which you have no evidence.

I think you'll find I am free to do that, I did do it, and I gave my reasoning behind it numerous times.

So you've got nothing then?

Cool.

I think we're done here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Firstly, the onus is on the person making the wild claims to provide proof for them.
    Eh, just on that note.....

When did I say they weren't? Of course they are - I'm discriminating against paedo-sympathisers & apologists.

Why did you bother quoting all that stuff, only to then ask me to admit something I never denied? "Just admit it, bro - they're discriminating statements" - yeah I know they are.

I quoted it all to show that you were indeed slating and not telling, which you argued earlier

So , you slated the Catholic Church a few pages back for discriminating against the LGBT community, yet you think its perfectly ok to slate RC's??

If you dont see the hypocrisy in that i don't know what to tell you

Because I am. People who believe in something based on evidence, are better than those who deny evidence and believe far-fetched nonsense that has zero evidence to back it up.
    I assumed it went without saying that smart people are better than stupid people. Everyone knows that, except the stupid people. Bit of a catch 22 I guess...

I guess you're OK with discrimination then?, effectively you and the RCC share some commonalties after all :)

Hope that thought rests well with you :)

Btw, holding the belief that people who are Catholics should completely abandon everything to do with their faith based on a tragic series of events facilitated by a number of different parties, is quite frankly the stupid part imo

Let me make this clear, seeing as although you claim to be smart, your posts suggest the opposite, in that your're incapable of seeing common sense.

The people committed the crimes....multiple organizations facilitated and covered it up...if you're going to condemn one, quite frankly its hypocritical

So if you're as to your word as you say, better start burning that passport and renouncing your nationality

Oh and the state has not moved on from the RCC....yet they have the power to....interesting how they are still facilitating them isnt it?

Your argument is paper thin and based on hatred, not logic:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Smart people are better then stupid people?
    Can you define smart? Or stupid for that matter?
    Who are stupid people? Is it just who you decide are stupid, or is there some intellectual difficulties?

Do you hold your hatred specifically for the RC church and its followers?
    Or do you also hate other God believing religions just as much?
    What I dont understand is why you feel the need to ridicule other people's beliefs?
    You have put down every person that believes in God, the fairy tale man in the sky etc.
    You call them stupid.
    What about your parents? Do they believe in God? Your friends?
    Do you insult them regularly. Do you believe you are better then them?

I don't believe in God, but you are the biggest advertisement for religion I have seen. Maybe if your bigotry & hatred got a bit of religion you might become a nicer person.
    Because to be honest Kenny, you come across as a horrible individual.

Advertisement