Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunscreen !!!

Options
  • 14-05-2016 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Almost holiday time. What are the best and safest suncreams?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I like NUXE fondant cream for face in SPF50. Smells like flowers, creamy but not too thick and absorbs well. Make up goes on well over it.

For body I use NUXE tanning oil in SPF30. Again, smells like flowers, it's not greasy and absorbs well. Doesn't stain/mark clothes.

I've worn both on holidays in Hong Kong and California and didn't burn at all. Just got a lovely golden tan.

Boots.ie and Cloud10beauty.com stock NUXE.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

I've tried loads and my most successful combo (in 42 degrees last July) was the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream with spf 50 for my face and the Nivea bronze and protect spray factor 30 for my body. Didn't burn once and I'm extremely pale, even managed to tan and it lasted really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Aldi stuff is top class at a great price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I just got a sample of Clinique city block, looks nice so far and spf40, if your looking for high end you might try get some samples??

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

Any tips on suncream for acne-prone skin? I only get breakouts on my chin, but get them bad after suncream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

I use the daily matte spf 32 from Image Skincare every day. Amazing moisturiser for oily, breakout prone skin. They also have a hydrating version for drier skin types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

vicwatson wrote: »
    Aldi stuff is top class at a great price

Agree, I've used this abroad for the last 3 or 4 years in temperatures of 30c+ and have never burnt or had any other problems with it, nor has my other half.
    Am going away in a few weeks and have purchased it again. For €3.49 it can't be beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Agree, I've used this abroad for the last 3 or 4 years in temperatures of 30c+ and have never burnt or had any other problems with it, nor has my other half.
    Am going away in a few weeks and have purchased it again. For €3.49 it can't be beaten.

Yup - off to 40 degrees this afternoon and this will be my body's suncream of choice.

Check the UVA protection as well as the SPF.

La Roche Posay is fantastic for sensitive skin and the best, imo, for your face. They cater for all skin types.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Babyspice13

Is there such a thing as a light moisturiser with good spf, that doesn't leave you looking like you're wearing Sudocrem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I've heard before that the cheaper ones (with good UVA/UVB ratings) can be better because you're more likely to slather them on generously than the more expensive ones.

Whichever one you choose, don't skimp, otherwise it's pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I like the Vichy factor 50 for face as I've oily skin and this dries matte. I just bought a Nivea kids one in factor 50 which isoisturising and dries in quickly and isn't greasy at all (great for adults but also for kids if you're putting on their little faces!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I use the Image SPF 50 everyday including holidays. I've been to Cape Cod, Cannes, Vancouver, Cuba and Australia since I started using it and never burned with it on my face under my make up.

Still searching for the holy grail of body suncream that wears well, protects my pasty self and doesn't ruin my clothes :(

Going to Spain for a few days and will be trying Ultra Sun - will report back if its any use!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

+1 for La Roche.

P20 also works for my pasty self. Absorbs well and no transfer onto clothes. Really good protection...and I'd burn in cloudy weather!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I just bought the Anthelios XL factor 50 Ultra Light, I've not used it yet but it is really nice and light and a great size.

I had the dry touch anti shine version and it was aweful under makeup

Advertisement