Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Higher LC Maths book?

Options
  • 14-05-2016 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Alright, it's 25 days until the exam and **** is getting real. I've been noticing HUGE amounts of errors and incorrect answers at the back of my maths book (project maths 4, Macmillan) and it's driving me insane. I've been teaching myself everything so it's doubly confusing when my only resource, the book, is wrong.

Does anyone know of a maths book for HL project maths that has a high level of accuracy and is clear? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

TSMGUY wrote: »
    Alright, it's 25 days until the exam and **** is getting real. I've been noticing HUGE amounts of errors and incorrect answers at the back of my maths book (project maths 4, Macmillan) and it's driving me insane. I've been teaching myself everything so it's doubly confusing when my only resource, the book, is wrong.

Does anyone know of a maths book for HL project maths that has a high level of accuracy and is clear? Thanks.

Our teacher gave us photocopies of these books quite a bit:
    http://www.cjfallon.ie/book/effective-maths-book-1/
    http://www.cjfallon.ie/book/effective-maths-book-2/

Much clearer and more concise than our other books. We never really did any exercises out of it though, only used it for the notes, so not sure how accurate it is on that front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

The answers in the back of Effective Maths are very rarely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

During the LC, my school used Active Maths 4 and I felt it explained topics fairly adequately and also had very few errors, just make sure to have the latest version.

At this stage of the year, imo, the best approach is constant SEC papers and example SEC papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tomk_1111

The Revise Wise books have been very helpful for me.

Advertisement