Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing network protocols Windows 10

Options
  • 14-05-2016 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I keep losing connectivity to the internet, I get a message " one or more missing network protocols " has this happened to anyone else?
    Anyone know how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try getting the most recent network drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Since upgrading to Windows 10 I keep losing connectivity to the internet, I get a message " one or more missing network protocols " has this happened to anyone else?
    Anyone know how to fix it?

I am suffering nearly the same issue now that I have broadband. Not mentioning network protocols but constantly losing wifi. Maybe this should be for a separate post?

Did you find a fix for you?

Mine is a dual boot, no issues with linux, but wndows 10 is very frustrating. Its the latest driver, Have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling wifi through device manager. But its very annoying. Now it seems to find it for a while, then lose it, find it and lose it, all in the same session, but not finding it for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

I am suffering nearly the same issue now that I have broadband. Not mentioning network protocols but constantly losing wifi. Maybe this should be for a separate post?

Did you find a fix for you?

Mine is a dual boot, no issues with linux, but wndows 10 is very frustrating. Its the latest driver, Have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling wifi through device manager. But its very annoying. Now it seems to find it for a while, then lose it, find it and lose it, all in the same session, but not finding it for long.

Not a permanent fix.....some days good some days bad. I have the latest drivers as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
    Right click your network adaptor and select Properties.
    Highlight IP v4 (TCP/IP) and choose Properties.
    Click Advanced.
    Next go to the WINS tab, and in NetBIOS settings section select Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

It might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

200motels wrote: »
    Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections.
    Right click your network adaptor and select Properties.
    Highlight IP v4 (TCP/IP) and choose Properties.
    Click Advanced.
    Next go to the WINS tab, and in NetBIOS settings section select Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.

It might work.

Cheers!
    Will hve to try it. it seems to be affecting linux now too. Signal coming and going.
    Not blaming the laptop though at this stage....

• Advertisement
Advertisement