Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's the end of the world as we know it

• 14-05-2016 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭

So it seems the world is in chaos as I speak
    Uganda is in a political crisis with leading opposition figure being charged with treason offenses. Venezuela is heading for economic oblivion and the Bosnian Serbs have begun civil unrest over the tyranny of the pro-EU gvt. Aside from this the former President of Argentina is battling indictment procedures made against her by the court.

It's looks like the world is in tatters. What does everyone have to say about these recent developments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,586 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are not really countries anyone would give too much of a damn about are they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    So it seems the world is in chaos as I speak
    Uganda is in a political crisis with leading opposition figure being charged with treason offenses. Venezuela is heading for economic oblivion and the Bosnian Serbs have begun civil unrest over the tyranny of the pro-EU gvt. Aside from this the former President of Argentina is battling indictment procedures made against her by the court.

It's looks like the world is in tatters. What does everyone have to say about these recent developments?
    Sure you don't call what we have an actual government !:eek:

So long as you can buy tinfoil, everythings ok. If the shops run out of tinfoil who ya gonna call ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I'm making a specific point about how countries around the world are bursting from the inside. External and internal pressures are causing these Nations to experience severe turmoil.

Nations are battling for their very right to exist as stronger Nations are looking on with a cold shoulder. We are witnessing the changing of the international order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I feel fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I'm making a specific point about how countries around the world are bursting from the inside. External and internal pressures are causing these Nations to experience severe turmoil.

Nations are battling for their very right to exist as stronger Nations are looking on with a cold shoulder. We are witnessing the changing of the international order.

Our little world is still fairly new and we're not that 'advanced' yet!

Yes we think we are but really if we were so advanced and civilised none of the **** or any other horrible crap would go on!

We're like like teens fresh out of school. We've done the theory side and think we know it all but when it comes to putting it into practice were useless!

Like I said were only a young species really, so we've a while to go yet before the world is half right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Awa n' bile yer heid ya auld fuddy duddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

The world in tatters? Really?

I say it's business as usual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

The world in the modern era always seems like its on the precipice of destruction. But in reality thats just how the media disseminates information and the saturation of media outlets sometimes leads to a mass hysteria over world affairs. We live in quite peaceful times, but nobody wants to admit it.

There are many books published recently that have postulated that violence and violent behaviour is on the decline throughout the world and I think there's a lot of weight in that argument. The world is more intredependent and there are so many reasons not go to war now than there was before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Well I’m very glad you asked me that for at this point in time
    In the circumstances that exist there is in the pipeline
    Infrastructural implications interfaced with lines of thought
    Which lead to grassroots viabilities which at this point I’d rather not
    Enunciate in ambiguities but rather seek to find
    Negotiated compromises which are the bottom line
    For full and frank discussions which could serve to integrate
    With basic fundamental principles to which we all relate
    Not in doctrinaire philosophy which any fool can see
    In inescapable hypothesis confronting you and me
    But in the interests of the common good then you need never fear
    For I have the matter well in hand and I’m glad I made things clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

duridian wrote: »

Thanks I suppose.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

duridian wrote: »

Well........I'm glad that clear things up!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Please feel free to start a thread about any of those specific issues in the international forum.

In relation to trying to put together an argdument that the world is in tatters, some more in depth analysis is required beyond pointing out a number of countries with problems. Is 2016 any worse than any other year in human history in that regard? Etc!

Thread closed for the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement