Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats this?

Options
  • 14-05-2016 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have the following infesting my mothers lawn

7c3991cae4c9c36079dd05ff785574d2.jpg

Do you know what it is and how i get rid of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Not exactly sure what it is but Mortox 50 is excellent for killing broad leaves weeds in lawns. Including clover. Alternatively you could use Dicophar but it's more expensive. I would recommend the Mortox 50

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

It's creeping buttercup!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Not exactly sure what it is but Mortox 50 is excellent for killing broad leaves weeds in lawns. Including clover.
    it's bemusing how people consider clover to be a weed. it's greener, and more drought tolerant than grass. plus, it fertilises the soil for you for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    It's creeping buttercup!

I think it could be creeping charlie?

how do i get rid of it. the lawn is infested

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think I have a bit of that in my lawns too, but to be honest I have never worried too much about it, as from a distance you can't see it.

Plus it hasn't increased in quantity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, not Creeping Charlie, as Daisy said, its creeping buttercup. If you are on soft (not clay) ground it is easy enough to pull up manually, if there is not too much of it. If there is a lot of it then the broad leaf weedkiller would be needed, but you might not have much grass left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I plan to kill it and then either overseed the garden or get some rolled grass laid

Advertisement