Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost car key

Options
  • 14-05-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi long shot i know. was running up in dangan this evening about 5pm to 6pm and somehow lost my car key. its a single key on its own no keyring for an opel car. if anyone hears anything let me know cheers
    Edit also if someone knows where to get a key made for an opel in the city on a Sunday please let me know its an older model so doesn't dont need one of those fancy ones. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where about were you? Check mill street I'd start with..

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

Where about were you? Check mill street I'd start with..

sorry was up in dangan post edited now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Would a Metal Detector find a key? Wasn't there somebody on here before that lent their Metal Detector to someone else?! I can't remember what the outcome was...

I'd be searching for weeks big area to cover. Ill pop into mill street this evening or ill wait for flemmings to open in the morning and see can they get source me a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If you have one of the keys that came with car you can get a copy of that cut. I've got it done in Collerans before for about 50 quid. That'll be a lot cheaper than going to a dealer and getting new key.

• Advertisement

It was the only key unfortunately. The key is worth more than the car is to be honest. If I can get the code I can get it cut otherwise ill get it off the dealer. Its my only option really at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

What part of dangan
    Am up there running every day will keep an eye out later if you are not already sorted

Could have been any part of it but I reckon it was around the sports hall. I got a new key this morning anway. Got the code off flemmings and got it made by collerans. Thanks for the offer, itll probably show up now I have a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you didn't already, get a spare aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

This reminds I don't have a spare-key for my Car. The Garage doesn't have it. I must get onto them again.

• Advertisement

All in all a 150 quid mistake, could have been worse I suppose. The guy in Collerans was telling me the new Toyota keys cost 1200 from the dealer:eek:. and one guy lost his over the weekend. Anyway thanks for all the suggestions and help guys, much appreciated.

Advertisement