Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-Stop 90's

• 14-05-2016 7:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭

Is anyone else tuning into this station on 107.1FM?

For those of us who were in 'our prime' clubbing in the 90's this station is a real must for you.

Long may it last. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

100cent wrote: »

For those of us who were in 'our prime' clubbing in the 90's this station is a real must for you.

Is it on the web as well.... Am looking fir a 24-hr station playing non-stop hits with no ads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Masala wrote: »
    Is it on the web as well.... Am looking fir a 24-hr station playing non-stop hits with no ads.

https://control.internet-radio.com:2199/tunein/nonstop90s.pls

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

FrostyJim wrote: »

Thanks Frosty.... Any chance of a 70's channel as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

yeah. stumbled upon it when it used to be at 88.1 or sommat.

its class alright . takes me right back to me clubbing days and has got me taking down names of artists and songs ive loooong forgot about (brighter day by kelly llorena for one :) )

some good aul remixes ya dont hear often too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭100cent

yeah. stumbled upon it when it used to be at 88.1 or sommat.

its class alright . takes me right back to me clubbing days and has got me taking down names of artists and songs ive loooong forgot about (brighter day by kelly llorena for one :) )

some good aul remixes ya dont hear often too.

I've just added Kelly's Brighter Day to my Youtube 90's Channel. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

There have been a couple of threads already that you might want to check out:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057581236

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057541633

It also is mentioned quite a bit on the Bandscan Thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Cheers for listening Guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Love this station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Modonna holiday on this station this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

castle2012 wrote: »
    Modonna holiday on this station this morning

Originally released in 1985. Re-released in 1991 in conjunction with Greatest Hits album...and got to Number 5 in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

will this be available on internet radio anytime soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭JDxtra

It is listed on TuneIn, so that's widely available across many platforms. They also have their own smart phone app in the Google/Apple stores.

http://tunein.com/radio/Non-Stop-90s-1071-s266116/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭Infoanon

live programming this morning ?? intros into and out of tracks - audio a bit too pumped though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Infoanon wrote: »
    live programming this morning ?? intros into and out of tracks - audio a bit too pumped though.

Seems to be mostly live this week during the day. A nice change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Yes. It's seems they are live. Really sounding good. Need to cool down on the ads, and seems to be not as much dance music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Great station. Heard a few tunes from 93-94 that I knew word for word but it got me thinking they're over 22/23 years old now! I was 8 in '93 but christ the time has gone so fast....time doesn't wait for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Took a step back from the radio station guys cheers for listening. Best of luck to the owners!! Seeking new opportunities:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

is non stop 90s still going? was on the radio in the car yesterday and today was nothing just silence

Blank audio this morning on FM - but stream remains on. Not sure about yesterday.

http://tunein.com/radio/Non-Stop-90s-1071-s266116/

...sounds like they have some more live shows now. Sounding good.

• Advertisement

Working in the car for me now. Must have been a technical this morning

Yes, spotted a a message on their FB page about a technical issue this morning.

Why is this station getting annoyed by some "other" 90s station? They have had a few ranting posts on their FB page.

What's that all about? Very unprofessional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

JDxtra wrote: »
    Why is this station getting annoyed by some "other" 90s station? They have had a few ranting posts on their FB page.

What's that all about? Very unprofessional.

the only station i can think of that they may be ranting about is the 90s network. why, i don't know as they are online only. unless they are going for another temp?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

the only station i can think of that they may be ranting about is the 90s network. why, i don't know as they are online only. unless they are going for another temp?

If I'm not mistaken, some of the people who have been involved with Non Stop Nineties would know some of those involved with 90s Network from past pirates. That could be awkward!

I now belive it's 4FM they are taking a swipe at. They mentioned 'CLASSIC HITS' in one of the posts that has since been deleted.

JDxtra wrote: »
    I now belive it's 4FM they are taking a swipe at. They mentioned 'CLASSIC HITS' in one of the posts that has since been deleted.

4FM is aimed at a much older audience than Non Stop Nineties, although they overlap musically on occasions - especially when 4FM play some '90s club music on Saturday nights.

I'll listen to 4FM tomorrow to see if they are doing some '90s content.

Managed to grab the deleted post from the Non-Stop 90s page. I've attached it here. Now that I re-read it, it does seem aimed at 4FM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

Not at all, we know and get on well with the lads. In fact we have even swapped tech expertise and dozens of music folders too. There is no issue.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭Mike O' Brien

If I'm not mistaken, some of the people who have been involved with Non Stop Nineties would know some of those involved with 90s Network from past pirates. That could be awkward!

Not at all, we know and get on well with the lads. In fact we have even swapped tech expertise and dozens of music folders too. There is no issue.

That's reassuring!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

100cent wrote: »

Sad to hear they are shuting down

Sad to hear they are shuting down

Where did you hear that? That's a pity if it's true. Was a really good station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? That's a pity if it's true. Was a really good station.

Their Facebook page has a post announcing same while their air links are talking about it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Going off air while applying for a full Licence. Best of luck to them. Great to have a different option on the daily commute. Seem to be implying 4fm might have got them shut down.

It's been the station Ive listen to most since I 1st stumbled on it.

• Advertisement

Their Facebook page has a post announcing same while their air links are talking about it as well.

Just read the fb post there. Well at least they are going to apply for a licence. Might not be the last we've heard of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Couldn't agree more with their Facebook post, Irish radio is so crap, thank god for the USB port on car radios

Ideally I'd love to have a professional classic dance station(that's what I expected when this station started) then a 80s and 90s or even 80/90s

So tired of Irish djs with American accents playing whatever record companies tell them, then oh I love this song.

I still remember when all the pirate stations all closed to try and go legal and where set up as spin was set in concrete(it did start out good )

I presume they are applying for a temporary licence, similar to what the 90s Network did a few years ago. Maybe get a few of those under their belt to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Rock Solid

No licence on offer at the moment from the BAI and if there was a full licence 90s would have to have News and Irish content etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Rock Solid wrote: »
    No licence on offer at the moment from the BAI and if there was a full licence 90s would have to have News and Irish content etc.

and it would undoubtedly have to morph into something different 3 years into it's licence for commercial reasons and it would become "non stop hits" and end up sounding like 4FM/Q102

• Advertisement

Fran1985 wrote: »
    and it would undoubtedly have to morph into something different 3 years into it's licence for commercial reasons and it would become "non stop hits" and end up sounding like 4FM/Q102

Just like Spin did, great at the start and eventually went crap :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭TheLonelyOne

Going off air while applying for a full Licence. Best of luck to them. Great to have a different option on the daily commute. Seem to be implying 4fm might have got them shut down.

It's been the station Ive listen to most since I 1st stumbled on it.

Wonder if 4fm DID put a complaint in against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Got2TurnAround

I love this station and hardly listen to anything else on the radio since it began. Please don't take it off air!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 comegowithme

Wonder if 4fm DID put a complaint in against them.

Complaints were lodged by all Dublin stations but 4fm management was particularly vocal in it's opposition to the station.

Complaints were lodged by all Dublin stations but 4fm management was particularly vocal in it's opposition to the station.

LOL, when will legal radio ever realise that pirate radio is the steel structure holding them up, if anything they should be saying nothing and letting them get on with things. Once FM goes out of fashion theyll be up **** creek without a paddle, personally I am fed up listening to the radio, I just do because its easy but my god it's awful.

I guess, if ****s going tits up at some radio station and the JNLRs are down. It's is easy to say a sure 'that ninety's station is taking away listener's'. Phek em, they can have there legals, dont listen to any of the 'big' commercial stations anyway.

That'd be all the Dublin stations that sound exactly the same and play the same ****e music and fawn over the same "celebrity" ****e

Legal stations would want to look back on history and remember where a lot of their djs came from in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Any more details on this? Who's your source? No need for names, but maybe you can shed some more light?

I would well expect that they have upset the legal stations, and this ultimately has now led to their downfall.

Remember they aren’t just running ads for their own gigs like what most recent pirate operators would typically only stretch do – they are playing lots of professional adverts, and some for pretty well known brands. They were so professional in their approach and had high broadcast standards and on air talent, you’d easily confuse them for a legal operator.

They were doing all this without the overheads and broadcast requirements of the legals, so of course it was going to get the wrong kind of attention.

I just hope they get out clean and go to prove themselves to the BAI by getting some temporary licenses and taking it from there. Worst case scenario is ComReg go hard after them, their site owners and their advertisers.

Non stop..... I will miss you :mad::mad::mad:

From the most professional music to the best indents.. What a refresh to our ears, a break from the 'professionals' you will be missed..

So many songs to pick for a farewell song. I can't think of one, or be the one who picks one. I just hope it is recored the leaving party, cause its the closest super pirate in a long long time. . . Bye bye Non stop.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement