Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest pint

• 14-05-2016 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭

going out tomorrow night for a few pints.willing to go anywhere.wheres the cheapest pint? beer preferably but guinness to.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

should you be looking for a great or even good pint, if you save 10p per pint its not much in ten pints its a euro, twenty pints two euro, or three pints and a dose of the scutters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Too bad we dont have a wehterspoons. It's €1.95 for bud. Like or love that's cheap. Carling or Tuborg will be cheapest pint otherwise .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say there is about 10c variation in the price of a pint in the city pubs, hotels will more expensive again. So drinking 6 pints will save you about 60c. Sports club bars tend to be cheaper because they are subsidised by their members.

If the price is really that much of a concern then the off license is the cheapest option but again not necessarily the best if you like going out for your pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Berty wrote: »
    Too bad we dont have a wehterspoons. It's €1.95 for bud. Like or love that's cheap. Carling or Tuborg will be cheapest pint otherwise .

Well that's what i was thinking of.but obviously nothing like that here or is there.:)

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Well that's what i was thinking of.but obviously nothing like that here or is there.:)

They considered Limerick but for all the reasons ever discussed on Limerick Opening/Closing we're not a candidate for Super Pubs for them. Not enough footfall other than after 9:30pm or later on Friday/Saturday in Limerick and a struggle during the week to attract customers otherwise.

They're obviously in Dublin and in Cork and opening in Carlow. They'll open here soon but they're obviously opening where the money is to be made first and/or where there is an opening for Super Pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

any chance of wetherspoons coming to limerick?

philstar wrote: »

At the moment you can file your question under "Monorail"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'd love if the Galway Brewing Company rumours come to fruition. Had my stag in Galway and stayed in Salthill. Visited their bar Oslo in Salthill both nights before we went into town. Great range of pints and nice drinking food - wings, burgers, steaks etc.

I remember back in the day when Nestor's used to do €3 pints. Was grand for a while, particularly during the week when it was just students like me. After a while though it began to attract a slightly dodgy crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

philstar wrote:

I don't get the love for them at all. Cheap yes but their food is rank and their pubs are often horrible IMO. Personally in no rush to see one open here but each to their own

• Advertisement
Advertisement