Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend me a starter kit (that I can purchase from a shop in Galway)

Options
  • 15-05-2016 2:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey folks,
    Not looking into getting into vaping myself, but I'm looking into purchasing a solid starter kit as a gift for a friend from a shop in Galway today (it's his birthday, his wife says he wants to get into vaping).
    Looks like vaping365.com is the only shop that's open today in Galway.
    I read the stickies and looked around but I'm pretty lost now and would really appreciate recommendations and tips.

I want to give him a kit that is a good experience and lasts him a few weeks.
    He likes smoking the occasional pipe with cherry or apple tobacco. I know that there are fruit vapor flavors as well. How long does a bottle last?

I don't want to spend more than €50-€60. Is this realistic?

Thanks in advance for all helpful replies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

mmmull wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Not looking into getting into vaping myself, but I'm looking into purchasing a solid starter kit as a gift for a friend from a shop in Galway today (it's his birthday, his wife says he wants to get into vaping).
    Looks like vaping365.com is the only shop that's open today in Galway.
    I read the stickies and looked around but I'm pretty lost now and would really appreciate recommendations and tips.

I want to give him a kit that is a good experience and lasts him a few weeks.
    He likes smoking the occasional pipe with cherry or apple tobacco. I know that there are fruit vapor flavors as well. How long does a bottle last?

I don't want to spend more than €50-€60. Is this realistic?

Thanks in advance for all helpful replies!

I would not recommend that shop for vaping,I think it would put your friend off vaping for good.In my opinion,they sell old crap,which I used 4 years ago,there is no up to date stuff there.
    I don't know of any other shop in Galway that is open today,online is your best solution for vaping gear.
    Don't waste your money at 365.com,if your friend could hold off a couple days for his Birthday present,come back here & we can recommend an excellent vaping kit for him online.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mmmull

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it.
    Could you please recommend me something from an online store? I think it's okay if I order him something online today, so I can give it to him next week. It's not ideal, but his wife only told me yesterday...

I don't know if the following information is useful.

He told me that he smokes half a pack of Marlboro a day.
    He identifies as a "recreational smoker". He does it to get away and think or when he's drinking, at a party, etc.
    He enjoys the occasional pipe with fruit flavored tobacco.
    I'm looking into getting him a starter kit that will last him a few weeks and has some fruit flavors. It's supposed to be fun and good quality, but I'm not on the mission to replace smoking for him (I think that would be intrusive).
    I don't want the entire kit to be more expensive than €50-€60.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

The Joyetech AIO is the starter kit that I am recommending to most people these days, and even as a back up to some who are already vaping . It's just simpler and miles cheaper than what we used to recommend ( iStick and nautilus mini €60-€70), and, it works . This kit will give your friend a proper vapeing experience for under €30 which to my mind just couldn't be done before . I know that the vape shop out in Kinvara stock them but I don't know if it's open today ( nice day for a drive out that way though ) . There are more vape shops in Galway but I can't remember them .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

mmmull wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it.
    Could you please recommend me something from an online store? I think it's okay if I order him something online today, so I can give it to him next week. It's not ideal, but his wife only told me yesterday...

I don't know if the following information is useful.

He told me that he smokes half a pack of Marlboro a day.
    He identifies as a "recreational smoker". He does it to get away and think or when he's drinking, at a party, etc.
    He enjoys the occasional pipe with fruit flavored tobacco.
    I'm looking into getting him a starter kit that will last him a few weeks and has some fruit flavors. It's supposed to be fun and good quality, but I'm not on the mission to replace smoking for him (I think that would be intrusive).

The first 2 items below is ideal for a beginner who is a full time smoker,40 plus fags a day,this would cost about 70 euro for both.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/eleaf-istick-40w-tc/

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/aspire-nautlius-mini/

This one would work perfect for your friend & not too much to spend,I have heard great reports on it,I wish I had something like it 7 years ago when I started vaping.
    Regarding eliquid,here is my favourite http://e-smokeireland.com/product/nut-juice/ check out other fruits in there,your mate will need 18mg nicotine strength.
    When you go to checkout,put in "boards" in the code box & you will get 10% off everything in your cart.

http://e-smokeireland.com/product/joyetech-aio/

Hope this helps,always use youtube to see how these things work ...

Great stuff! Thank you guys so much. Really helpful.

• Advertisement

I purchased the Joyetech AIO starter kit, two additional atomizers and three 10ml of fun looking flavors from a brand called Hazy Days. Came to €49.75, so I'm well pleased! Thanks again for recommendations and the help. I point my buddy into the direction of the stickies on the boards here, so he can educate himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

May be a bit too late for you but ezsmoke.ie is based in Galway, exact address is Cartron Road Kinvara Co. Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

You made the right choice with the ego AIO. It's a great little device and so bloody easy to use. I've been vaping 3 years + and I bought one.

The only problem, and I think it's a big problem, is that the coil resistance is too low. It is very powerful, taking a hit sounds like a plane going overhead. Produces a tonne of vapour too, so your buddy will be getting a big hit of nicotine with each puff. Might be too big of a hit. I saw a smoker coughing up a lung when he tried it in a vape shop.

So if possible, maybe ask the shop for their 1.0ohm coils, or 1.5ohm coils. Exchange them for the 0.6ohm ones you bought. I'm using 1.5ohm now and it's perfect. The battery will last much longer too with a higher resistance coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

You made the right choice with the ego AIO. It's a great little device and so bloody easy to use. I've been vaping 3 years + and I bought one.

The only problem, and I think it's a big problem, is that the coil resistance is too low. It is very powerful, taking a hit sounds like a plane going overhead. Produces a tonne of vapour too, so your buddy will be getting a big hit of nicotine with each puff. Might be too big of a hit. I saw a smoker coughing up a lung when he tried it in a vape shop.

So if possible, maybe ask the shop for their 1.0ohm coils, or 1.5ohm coils. Exchange them for the 0.6ohm ones you bought. I'm using 1.5ohm now and it's perfect. The battery will last much longer too with a higher resistance coil.

Cool!
    I'm on the original coil in my AIO still, but I have a pack of the 1.5 Claptons for my Cubis. I might try one of them next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The AIO looks a nice bit of kit. I wish they were around when I started vaping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

The AIO looks a nice bit of kit. I wish they were around when I started vaping!

Damn right. I paid 70 quid for an ego-t back in 2011. Piece of junk.

Just ordered an AIO from fasttech. Looks like a great little device for travelling with.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Damn right. I paid 70 quid for an ego-t back in 2011. Piece of junk.

Just ordered an AIO from fasttech. Looks like a great little device for travelling with.

I got one last week - tis ideal for in the car or for when a mod setup would be a hassle.
    The tank is not huge, unfortunately, so expect to refill frequently enough.

Advertisement