Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Bournemouth 17/5/2016 - 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

From The Times

Fans in south stand and east stand still be told to remain in their seats and await further information #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Scary stuff. If it is a viable device you'd be worried now about where the 70,000 people are headed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Wasn't the threat level raised just this week or last due to credible intelligence that an attack from NI dissidents was 'likley'... ? Any faction of dissidents who would attack Old Trafford considering the Irish connection and the sheer number of Irish fans in attendance would have to be off their rocker though.... If credible we'd have to be looking at Isis or the like......only group with a motive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

No one can control what one crazy fan might do.... a lot at stake.

I bet I'm right, that this is a false scare. That package is not a threat, that someone took it upon themselves to do this.

Take off the tinfoil hat jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Scary stuff. There's no point in taking the chance. Hopefully everyone will get home safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Man Utd in cahoots with terrorists to get an advantage

Now that's some logic

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Given what happened at the Stade de France, I think security will do everything to avoid a tragedy, even if it turns out it was not a credible threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I bet I'm right, that this is a false scare. That package is not a threat, that someone took it upon themselves to do this.

So what? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ASOT wrote: »
    Take off the tinfoil hat jesus

Fergie scare :D

• Advertisement

From The Times

Club now confirming match abandoned on police advice because of suspect package found in NW quadrant at Old Trafford

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Strumms wrote: »
    Wasn't the threat level raised just this week or last due to credible intelligence that an attack from NI dissidents was 'likley'... ? Any faction of dissidents who would attack Old Trafford considering the Irish connection and the sheer number of Irish fans in attendance would have to be off their rocker though.... If credible we'd have to be looking at Isis or the like......only group with a motive...

The provisional IRA got the grand national called off one year despite the huge Irish interest. These people don't care, if it is a real threat and a threat caused by the New IRA, well we had the IRA kill Irish Gardai and citizens before...so they wouldn't care about Irish fans at Old Trafford.

Strumms wrote: »
    They are off their rockers. A pizza delivery guy was a " legitimate target" for collaborating with British rule in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There has been a lot in the media in the last week about England being on high alert to an attack so no point in taking any chance what so ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jesus ****ing Christ!

They
    Can't
    Take
    A
    Chance

Lord God

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

What's the craic now then, will it be played today or at a later date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

What are you on? The only way Utd could gain an advantage would be to start earlier and put pressure on City by taking a lead. How the hell does abandoning/delaying a game help with that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Witness on sky news..... sniffer dogs present at stadium during evacuation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Right call, no reason to risk the safety of fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has Lingard released a video yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

BorneTobyWilde needs an explosion now so he can be proven wrong in his suspicions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Live scenes on sky news

Is this a new low for Man U? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jesus ****ing Christ!

They
    Can't
    Take
    A
    Chance

Lord God

I agree 100%

Obviously some crazy person got his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This is a terrible line of posting, you should stop pushing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Hitchens wrote: »

Yes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Christ.

Highly likely it's nothing, but club can't take chance.

I mean anyone who thinks otherwise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Absolutely, they get to see if they have a chance at CL and if not then what they have to do to avoid Europa league /s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The amount of idiotic posts on here is staggering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Safety first, we can all agree.
    But if this package is fake and a simply prank to delay game then its not fair.

United need to win regardless of what happens elsewhere so there's no advantage in playing at a future time. Totally classless on your part to come out with a comment like that in a potentially dangerous situation too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Yes, Van Gaal planted the device himself. The club is in absolute turmoil. I expect Ed to submit a winding up petition in the morning. Old Trafford to be knocked to make way for council flats on Tuesday. Rooney might get a job labouring on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not really Muslim extremists style leaving bags around the place they usually go in themselves wired up

There was a warning about dissidents recently

The police asked for the game to be abandoned, the decision was taken out of the club's hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Tom1991

Everybody went home disappointed but safe.
    SAFE.End of argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Highly likely it's nothing, but club can't take chance.

I mean anyone who thinks otherwise...

.....is a dickhead plain and simple.

And as for people who say is this a new low for United, what the **** do United gain from this if they were orchestrating it? This place is absolutely toxic at times.

Has there not been enough tragedy involving supporters of English clubs to get people to just shut the **** up and think safety first yet?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

The sniffer dog being shown on sky news just wants to run around the pitch in the Sun :D He looks so happy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Suspect package? Is it the Polish televote from last nights Eurovision?

Hopefully and probably it's nothing but you can't take a chance with peoples lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

statto25 wrote: »
    Yes, Van Gaal planted the device himself. The club is in absolute turmoil. I expect Ed to submit a winding up petition in the morning. Old Trafford to be knocked to make way for council flats on Tuesday. Rooney might get a job labouring on the site.

He might struggle to pass the necessary medical......

That was my attempt at banter, I won't be trying anything like that again.

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    . Rooney might get a job labouring on the site.

Isn't he already doing that? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

You can't take chances so it was right to abandon the game.

I worry that we might see more of this type of thing at the Euros. :(

Has there not been enough tragedy involving supporters of English clubs to get people to just shut the **** up and think safety first yet?

Well said. I wanted say it, I mean coming from a section who I thought would understand.

It is only 2 or 3 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Sadly we live in a world where anything is possible.

It could be simply a cardboard box with a battery in it but they simply cannot take any chances nowadays.

As for the sad bastards using it as some kind of brainless effort to score points, bravo, you have passed into Darwin Awards territory. I'm sure you are very proud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

sligeach wrote: »
    Suspect package? Is it the Polish televote from last nights Eurovision?

Hopefully and probably it's nothing but you can't take a chance with peoples lives.

/Topical! Are you Mirphy frikkin Browne???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Winding up others isn't really appropriate considering the events.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

The amount of idiotic posts on here is staggering

I'd go a step further, the amount of idiots on here is staggering and unfortunately as another poster said, I can see this being an issue in the Euros in the summer in light of recent events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Glad everyone got out safe and sound, no one deserves to go to a match and not come home. I say that as a Liverpool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Glad everyone got out safe and sound, no one deserves to go to a match and not come home. I say that as a Liverpool fan.

Any fan of any club should be saying this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

duffman13 wrote: »
    , I can see this being an issue in the Euros in the summer in light of recent events.

Very likely unfortunately I reckon also
    Police made the right call everyone is out and safe that's main thing police will sort the rest now people on here and other places with the tinfoil hats would want to get a life

• Advertisement
Advertisement